5 The dragon Queen

"My King there are a view letters that need your attention" a servant spoke subdued.
"Is there one from Queen Maesera?" The King asked coldly.
"No my King" he spoke.
"Then they can wait" Thranduil said angrily and turned away.
The servant left the letters on the Kings table and walked away quickly.

Thranduil headed to the throne room and there he saw her.
White braided hair it reached to her waist, she was studying the markings on the wall.

"Maesera?" He asked out of breath.
She turned around and looked at him she was looking like the death itself, pale face, dark circles under her eyes it looked like she hadn't eat a lot in all those years.
"Hello Thranduil" she said with a broken voice.
He walked to her.
"After all this time. You are here?" He was shocked how she was looking. Not even a bit of happiness left in her heart.
"I am sorry that I never replied to your letters, I thought- actually I do not know what I thought" she was still speaking with a broken voice.
"Do not apologize, I can not imagine what pain you are going through" he said gently and got closer to her.
"Here, I have something for you" she held a letter in her hand.
"A reply to your last letter" she smiled a bit.
He smiled too and both were looking at each other while he took the letter and then started to read it.

𝒢𝓇ℯℯ𝓉𝒾𝓃ℊ𝓈 𝒦𝒾𝓃ℊ 𝒯𝒽𝓇𝒶𝓃𝒹𝓊𝒾𝓁, 
ℐ 𝒹ℯ𝒶𝓇𝓁𝓎 𝒽ℴ𝓅ℯ 𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝓎ℴ𝓊 𝒶𝓇ℯ 𝒹ℴ𝒾𝓃ℊ 𝓌ℯ𝓁𝓁, ℐ 𝒶𝓅ℴ𝓁ℴℊ𝒾𝓏ℯ 𝒻ℴ𝓇 𝓂𝓎 𝒸𝒽𝒾𝓁𝒹𝒾𝓈𝒽 𝒷ℯ𝒽𝒶𝓋𝒾ℴ𝓇 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝒻ℴ𝓇 𝓃ℯ𝓋ℯ𝓇 ℊ𝒾𝓋𝒾𝓃ℊ 𝓎ℴ𝓊 𝒶𝓃 𝒶𝓃𝓈𝓌ℯ𝓇 𝓉ℴ 𝒶𝓁𝓁 𝓉𝒽ℴ𝓈ℯ 𝓁ℯ𝓉𝓉ℯ𝓇𝓈. 
ℐ𝓉 𝒾𝓈 𝒶 𝓅𝓁ℯ𝒶𝓈𝓊𝓇ℯ 𝓉ℴ 𝒷ℯ 𝒾𝓃𝓋𝒾𝓉ℯ𝒹 𝒶ℊ𝒶𝒾𝓃 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓎ℴ𝓊 𝒸𝒶𝓃 𝒷ℯ 𝓈𝓊𝓇ℯ 𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓉 ℐ 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝒸ℴ𝓂ℯ.  

𝒢𝓇ℯℯ𝓉𝒾𝓃ℊ𝓈
𝒬𝓊ℯℯ𝓃 ℳ𝒶ℯ𝓈ℯ𝓇𝒶 ℴ𝒻 𝒟𝓇𝒶ℊℴ𝓃𝓈𝓉ℴ𝓃ℯ 

"I think you can stay for a while this time your Grace" Thranduil said warmly.
"Sounds good my King" she said looking into his eyes.
"How are you doing?" He asked worriedly.
"I am fine" she just said, everyone who asked became the same answer from her, but actually she was so broken inside that no word in the world could describe it.
"Do not lie to me" he said brushing a view loose strands out of her face.
Tears started rolling over her cheeks and she said "I am absolutely not fine"
He laid one hand of him on her shoulder "I am here for you" he said looking at her.

No one could deny it anymore he was falling for her since they got near and it pains him to see her like this.
Thranduil was never that gently to someone since his wife has died, but her.

Maesera cried and cried.
"She was just a child" she cried out and couldn't stand it anymore. Maesera fell on her knees shocking the King who was reacting fast and catching her.
"Maesera" he said shocked and worriedly, he knelt down with her laying his arms around her.
"Shh I am here, I am here"
The Queen cried more and laid her head on his chest.
He picked her up in his arms and carried her to his chambers.

It was a long time the Queen cried. Thranduil sat beside Maesera still holding her in his arms.
It was evening and she stopped crying slowly.
"Thranduil?" She looked at him.
"Yes?" He replied.
"Thank you"
"For what Maesera?" He asked not knowing what she meant.
"Thank you for being here with me" she said giving him a small smile.
"Do not thank me for that. I lost my wife centuries ago but not my child, I do not wish anyone that pain you feel."

He wanted to tell her what he was feeling for her but it wasn't the right moment for that.

"You should eat a bit Maesera" he said.
"I am not hungry Thranduil" she said laying her head on his chest again.
"Just a little bit, please" he said while he was stroking over her arm.
"Fine just a bit" she said looking in his eyes again.

His eyes look like the most beautiful stars she had ever seen.
She was falling in love with him, at first she wanted to deny it but now she couldn't deny it any longer.

"Stay here I will come back" he got up and laid her on his bed.
Before he turned away he kissed her hand gently.
When he was out of her sight she spoke her thoughts to herself. "I thought I could never love someone again"

It didn't take long and the King came back with a plate full of fruit.
"I got you a bit fruit" he said.
"We obviously have a different imagination of a bit" Maesera laughed a little.

He loved to hear her laugh even if she was sad before.
The two sat on his bed and ate the fruit. They were talking a lot and Thranduil made her laugh a lot.
It seemed like they never broke contact and that is what it felt like to them.

It was getting really late and Maesera got tired.
"You can sleep here tonight if you want" Thranduil said and smiled.
"If that doesn't causes any trouble" Maesera smiled back.
"Of course not" he said and took something out of his closet "here, it belonged to my wife" he handed her a beautiful forest-green  nightgown.
"Thank you" she took it.
The fabric was very soft and smelled good.
"You can change and fresh up in here" he gently said and lead her to a door on the left side of his chamber.
"Thank you" she smiled and went into the room.

There was a beautiful view to the rest of the kingdom through a window and a giant mirror on the wall beside it, shelves with towels and a lot more.
Maesera was to tired to look at all that and started freshening herself up and changed her black dress to the forest-green nightgown.
When she was ready she came out of the room seeing Thranduil standing on the balcony and went to him.

"If you stay out here you might catch a cold" she said gently laying her hand on his arm.
"Do not worry about me" he said and laid his cape over her shoulders.
"You look very good in that nightgown" Thanduil said and pulled her into his arms.
"Thank you my King" she replied.

In that moment the Queens dragon flew growling over the castle and landed on the roof.
Drohaeleys lowered her head and looked at the two, breathing them her warm breath into their faces.
Then she flew off again.

"Do you think she likes me?" The King asked.
"She absolutely does" the Queen replied.
"Let us go inside I don't want you to get sick" Thranduil said and the two went inside.
He pulled her into his bed pulling the blanket over both of them and said "Good night my Queen, sleep well"
That made Maesera smile and she said "Good night my King, have nice dreams"

꧁꧂꧁꧂꧁꧂꧁꧂

Heyy my dear readers I hope you like it and continue reading.
Vote if you want or don't 😂

Greetings your Elaenyra 💚