Late Night Talking

Ponyboy and Johnny have been dating for a year now. They came out a while ago and the whole gang has been very supportive. Johnny decided to take Pony out for a date tonight.

Johnny's POV

It's 8 in the morning and Ponyboy is still sleeping, cuddled up next to me. I look at him fondly. He looks so peaceful when he's sleeping. I don't know how long I've been watching him until he speaks up.

"Johnny, you're staring," he tells me laughing a bit.

"Sorry love," I answer kissing softly his forehead.

He giggles, grabs my chin, and gives me a sweet kiss.

"Don't be baby," he says after pulling away. He cuddles up onto my side and I wrap my arm around his shoulder.

"Happy one year Ponyboy," I tell him

"Happy one year Johnnycake, I'm so happy to have you in my life." He says back, standing up a bit and looking up at me. A huge smile made its way onto my face. I put my hand behind his neck and pull him down for a kiss. Even after a year, whenever we kiss, I still have these butterflies in my stomach. Only he can make me feel this way. I pull back gently and move my hand to his cheek.

"How does a date night sound to you Pone?" I tell him stroking his cheek with my thumb.

"It sounds perfect baby." He answers me with a quick peck on my lips. He gets off of me and gets out of bed, taking his shirt on the ground and putting it on. I get up and do the same.

When I finish putting on my t-shirt, I feel two arms wrapping around my waist and some light kisses on my neck. I melt into my boyfriend's touch and put my hands on his.

"Pony- oh shit sorry, breakfast's ready," Darry says, walking away and covering his eyes.

"Why do people always have to walk on us dammit," Ponyboy says nuzzling his face in my neck, laughing.

"I don't know Pony, but I think we should get going, or else I know I won't be able to resist you," I tell him, kissing his lips.

"BOYS! DOWN, NOW!" We hear Darrel scream at us from the bottom of the stairs. Ponyboy rolled his eyes and took my hand, dragging me out of our room. I've been living in the Curtis's house for a few months now. Sodapop moved back to his old room that he shares with Steve almost every night.

As we enter the kitchen, we hear a scream and a door shutting down the hall. We turn around and see Darry walking towards us, pale as a ghost.

"I'm not going in this room for the rest of my life," Darry mumbles under his breath, thinking I didn't hear him.

He walks towards the stove and takes two plates, putting eggs and bacon in them. Ponyboy and I take a seat at the table and Darry gives us our breakfast.

"Thanks Dare!" My boyfriend says, smiling at his brother.

"Thank you," I add putting some bacon in my mouth

We're eating quietly until Soda and Steve enter the kitchen.

"Took you two long enough." I tease them.

"What are you talking about Johnny?" Ponyboy asks me, clueless.

"He's talking about how I got scarred for the rest of my life Pone," Darry says, laughing while the other couple is sitting in front of us.

"Oh, EW!" Pony screams with disgust, probably imagining his brother with Steve.

Darry starts to laugh and both boys are just looking at us very uncomfortable.