blood in water

195 AC, King's Landing

"We stand here in the sight of gods and men to witness the union of man and wife: one flesh, one heart, one soul, now and forever. Let it be known that Aerys of House Targaryen, son of Daeron the Second, King of the Seven Kingdoms and Myriah, Princess of Dorne and Aelinor of House Penrose, daughter of Ronnel, Lord of Parchments and Elaena, Princess of the Realm are one heart, one flesh, one soul. Cursed be he who would seek to tear them asunder."

The High Septon declared and everybody clapped. Aelinor was standing on the left state, as pale as snow, her eyes were red from obvious crying. People in the court thought it was because of the rebellion that her cousin had started but the real reason was only known by four people; Rhaegel, Myriah, Elaena and Ser Gawyne. She was shaken -which again, everybody interpreted as genuine excitement for the wedding night. She was wearing a quite simple white dress, and her blonde hair was braided down to her back. Her mother, Princess Elaena was standing on the left alongside her brother Robin and her sisters; Jocelyn, Laena and Joy.

Aerys, who was standing on the right, was looking indifferent to the whole thing as if he wasn't the groom. Daeron and Myriah were standing behind him with very stoic faces, Rhaegel was also there -obviously drunk, and Maekar and Baelor couldn't make it in time.

The thought processes came easy to Myriah and Elaena; there was a war out there caused by Elaena's own nephew against her cousin's son. She was Ronnel's second wife so Robin wasn't the Lord of Parchments, and they weren't sure what Lord Penrose would decide to do. But they knew he loved his stepmother and half-siblings dearly and with a royal wedding, he would be left with no choice but actively join to the war. Both women didn't like the other but they had one thing that united their goals; their love for Daeron. Myriah let Daemon live this long because she cared about Daeron's wellbeing more than anything else and Elaena loved her second cousin, as he was her closest family member; Rhaena had passed recently and Daena was Daena.

Neither Aelinor nor Rhaegel knew that they knew about their affair. Both were shocked when they first heard of it. Aelinor cried and protested, Rhaegel was extremely moody, and Aerys didn't understand the logic but accepted it nevertheless. And neither Aelinor nor Rhaegel came clean about their affair because the betrothal went public before they knew.

When they first heard of it, both Myriah and Elaena were angry. Myriah because her son actively disobeyed her orders and started a secret affair, thought he could do something secret without her knowing and Elaena because Aelinor was so careless with her heart and reputation. Surely, they thought about marrying them instead but both were too prideful for their own good, and couldn't accept that their children did something behind their backs so it was a punishment essentially.

Daeron looked at them as if they had two heads when the proposal came in the small council but they had convinced him, told him that it was a show of power, to make everyone see that they were unfazed by Daemon's actions -which there was no action at all. A moon had passed, and they heard nothing from Daemon or Aegor and no open rebellion started just yet. But they were waiting, secretly writing to people who needed to be informed and getting prepared.

Maron was fuming in Dorne, terrorizing his own bannermen, scaring them into not joining Daemon's side -not that he was afraid of it but he needed to get out his anger. Percival was knighted and went back to Dorne as his father's sole heir and the commander of his armies -this time Lord Dayne was truly ill. Maekar -despite Daeron's order to stay away from the war, chose to stay in Dorne to lead the Dornish forces when the war starts. Maron needed to stay in Sunspear to keep the Dornish Lords in line and to scare the Marcher Lords. Everybody knew despite his charming face, Maron Martell was ruthless on the battlefield, though his prime was now passed and all he could do was to show his power by staying in his home.