4

I move my fingers down the blonde girl's belly, spreading the moisturizing cream over her delicate butterfly tattoo. When I look up to her, she's looking directly at me while biting her lip and smiling slightly. At this point, I know exactly what she wants.

—That's it —I take my gloves off after I place the transparent patch over her drawing—. Keep it for three or six days. And when you take it off, pull in the direction of hair growth. If you want advice, do it with water. Maybe while taking a shower.

I don't even use a flirty tone while saying that, because I'm so used to repeating the right same thing, that it leaves my mouth as the most normal comment -which should be. But the blonde seems to catch a hint I didn't even throw.

—Why don't you come and help me with it by then? —she raises her thin eyebrow.

I'm going to answer that I'm available anytime, but Mark interrupts me by knocking on the crystal war that separates my room to the studio. She looks at him pissed, and although I'm just as pissed as her, she has no room to stare at him like that.

—Are you done here?

—N...

—Yes —I rush to answer—. Come with me so I can charge you.

—I can do that, no worries —Mark offers.

—It's okay.

I get up from my chair, following Mark outside and expecting the girl to follow me as well, but she takes a little too long. Could be she's only placing her clothes properly.

She comes up after a few minutes, gripping the handle of her bag as if someone was going to steal it from her. She pays with cash, and when I hand her the ticket, she returns it to me -along with a pen I left in my room. I look at it confused, finding a phone number towards the end of the ticket. I crumple that same piece of paper, not even finishing to read her phone number.

—Wow —Mark walks to me—. Are you sick? —he checks my temperature, by moving my bangs away from my forehead and placing his palm on it.

—I'm fine —I chuckle, moving his hand away—. It's just... I'm not a piece of meat, you know? I need to be respected.

—Sure, because that's always been an issue for you —he rolls his eyes, and walks back.

He's right, it's never been. But someone feeling entitled to have that type of attitude, the same one that girl had when Mark showed up, towards someone they don't know it's the biggest turn off for me.

—What did you want back there? —I look at him.

—Melanie's just called me. She was going to buy some things for her birthday party, but she doesn't feel well —he places his hands on his hips—. Y/n is already on her way to the superstore, but she doesn't have a car to carry back home everything Melanie asked her to buy.

I can feel how my ears perk and move at the mention of her name. It's like all my senses decided to pay attention to what he was saying after her name popped up.

—I can go, and you can stay here. Or...

—I'll go —I move away from the counter.

—Take Soo's car then —he hands me the keys—. And come back here when you're done —he warns me.

—Really? Because I think a walk back home would be great for you —I tease him, palming his tiny belly over his jumper.

When I get there, I wait for her outside for a few minutes. But since she doesn't show up, I think she could be waiting for me inside. So I enter the place, looking over every face and head around, without moving too far from the door -just in case.