18

I park my motorbike near the entrance, placing the stand properly so I can make my way inside with no worries. Although, as soon as I cross the door, Brooke opens her eyes wide, fixing them on my hair.

—New look? —she teases me.

—Hmm —I nod—. Bad decisions you take at shit something in the night —I take a seat at one of the stools over the counter—. I'll probably tint it back to black soon.

—What can I get you? —she raises her eyebrow, while both of her hands rest on the surface and her body bends slightly.

I know perfectly what she's trying to do, leaning slightly so I can see her cleavage. Although my eyes never meet the flesh under her collarbone -actually, my eyes barely land on her as I ask her for a beer.

—Is Tae around? —I move around, trying to look for him myself.

—He left earlier today —she answers, as she serves my drink in front of me—. He said he was tired, and I think he also had a headache, so I'm by myself today. A little help would be fine —she was back at it again—. And since you seem to be spending so much time here lately, maybe you could join the team.

—Sure... I have nothing better to do —I mutter, holding the cold glass.

To be fair, I'm not sure why I've been coming here so often lately. Months ago, I didn't really mind it. I'd come only to pick Tae up, but I wouldn't even bother on getting inside. And I genuinely wonder if it was because I was up to no good back then, and not coming inside was a way to control myself and not ruin something Tae worked so hard for.

I think I ruined his plans enough back in Seoul, to repeat the same thing in New York...

I remember I tried to hold myself back like crazy on not trying to get inside Brooke's pants the first day I met her -and I'm aware of how hard it'd have been for Taehyung to find a waitress at her level if things had gone wrong between us, which would've been the case back then. Although, looking at her now, I can't understand why I was trying to hold back so badly. She really ain't anything special. She's hot and such, but yeah... Not a girl that could drive me insane with just a look. And definitely not someone I would ever plan to settle down with. Not because of anything especially, but whatever attraction I ever had for her only was always reduced to that type of attraction you have with someone random you meet in a bar.

Although flirting with her was fun, and exciting, it stopped being like that at some point, for whatever reason.

—Do you have any plans tonight? —Brooke asks.

—Yeah —I nod.

Sitting here, thinking Y/n could message me at any point to ask for support and help -in case she doesn't know how to do well on her date- is tonight's plan. I could be doing anything, yet here I am.

—Oh, I thought you were free —she giggles—. I was thinking that maybe we could hang out when I'm off...

Although I hear her, I'm too focused on my phone and the possible text I could get to be conscious enough to reply back. I shouldn't even help Y/n if she sends me a text. It's her date, and she should learn on her own with her mistakes. Why would I even need to help?

—Kook? —she calls my name.

—Hmm? —I finally look at her again— Sorry, I'm waiting for a text.

Brooke is almost going to speak, but she gets interrupted by a customer that seems to want to pay for her drink. My eyes go back to the drinks in front of me, filled with all the brands of alcohol that Tae likes. All of them top notch, and that's exactly why I always end up ordering a beer whenever I come.