14

—What are you looking at?

I finally raise my head at Taehyung's voice, he's looking at me with frowned eyebrows and an annoyed look. Instead of leaving my phone on the table, I hide it in the back pocket of my baggy pants.

—You met someone and you didn't tell us? —Jimin accuses me.

—I didn't —I shake my hands nervously in the air—. It's just that... Soo went out and I'm worried.

Just a quick look at them after I dropped my lie, lets me know they aren't buying a single word coming out my mouth.

—You're trying to tell us you're worried about your older sister's doings? Now? Suddenly? —Jimin questions.

—Of course —I rush to answer—. I'm always worried.

—Look how his pupils are shaking —Tae points at my eyes while cackling—. You're such a bad liar.

—I'm telling the truth —I whine, dropping my back towards the backrest of the chair—. I'm always protective of her.

—You? —Jimin says, looking at me with a raised eyebrow— The same one who found a hook up more important than her birthday?

—That doesn't count —I try to defend myself—. In my defense, she first told me she'd only celebrate it with Mark and we had a special dinner a day before.

—Jungkookie —Tae teases me.

When I turn to look at him, he's giving me that squared smile that makes me instantly scoff as I cross my arms over my chest.

—She's no one. I already said it's because of Soo.

—Oh —they both shout at the same time.

—So there's someone —Jimin points out—. There is a "she".

—Who is it? —Tae keeps insisting.

—She's just a friend.

They both look at each other with complicity and smile. I know what that look means, and I don't like what it might mean.

—So you went from saying she's no one to saying she's just a friend —Tae hits my arm—. If we keep insisting, you might confess you like her.

—I do —I shrug—. She's hot.

—Hold on —Jimin stops me—. For how long have you been seeing her?

—I don't know —I shrug—. Some weeks maybe.

While I say that as if it meant nothing, both of my friends look at me as if I had said the most surprising thing ever. Their eyes are wide open, and they exchange some looks before I dare to question what's going on.

—Kook...

But before Jimin is able to start his rant, I stop him.

—We both have everything under control, don't worry —I try to create some peace among us—. It's something temporary.

—If you say so... —Tae murmurs.

—It is —I insist—. Can we enjoy our hang out without talking about what I do?

—I can't believe you're saying that —Jimin tilts his head at me—. You're literally looking at your phone and giving no fucks about us.

I roll my eyes, giving up on them and the conversation. I already lost, so there's no point in arguing with them any longer. And they also seem to move on from teasing me with that, going back to the conversation they were having long before Taehyung called me out for looking at my phone.