Chapter 1

Anne's POV

When I learned Marcy was finally coming back, I was pleasantly surprised. I've missed our trio; goofing off all day, screwing with things we shouldn't, having sleepovers, the usual. I think this will be a great change in all three of our lives. Finally moving on from missing everybody in Amphibia. Right now, we're chatting in the car and on our way to get coffee. I think we should've gotten ice cream, but coffee works too. As long as we do it together, I'm fine with anything we do.

As Sasha pulled into the parking lot, I already had my hand on the door handle. This was more exciting than I would've thought it would be. I'm not exactly sure why, although I'm guessing it's because I haven't seen Marcy or Sasha in so long. As soon as the car unlocked, I was racing towards the door of the cafe. I heard Sasha snicker and Marcy start to chase after me. "CATCH ME IF YOU CAN MARBLES!" I yelled and ran in, probably looking like a lunatic to anybody passing by or in the store. Just then, Marcy followed me and tackled me to the ground. In a fit of giggles, I hadn't realized Sasha had already gotten our coffees.

"Alright, alright, I get it, it's been a while, but did you seriously have to get the attention of everyone in the shop??" Sasha groaned. I looked around and felt the heat rush up to my face. This was embarrassing as hell. Marcy didn't seem to mind, as if she were used to it. Either that or she didn't notice, which was unlikely. Maybe she just got used to stares over the years.

Getting up and going to a seat in the corner with Sasha and Marcy following, Anne was only able to get a sip of her coffee before she got a call. "Hang on dudes, I need to take this," I said, walking out of the shop.

As I looked at the caller ID, I realized it was Terri. When I picked up the phone, I noticed how much older they sounded. "Anne! Long time, ey? Yeah, well, you may want to get over here ASAP, I'll send you the location- Mr. X and I have some exciting- X DON'T TOUCH THAT- SEE YOU LATER ANNE-" and just like that, the call was over. I paused for a moment to process this. I'm sure it's obvious, but I'm a very curious person. Maybe they found a way back to Amphibia?

I walked back into the coffee shop with these thoughts swarming my head. If it isn't Amphibia, then what could it be? I didn't have much more time to think; I need to tell Marcy and Sasha what happened anyways.

When I got back to our seat I noticed that Sasha was gone. "Hey Mars- where's Sasha?" I sat down and took a sip of my coffee. "She went to the bathroom," Marcy replied. She seemed to be aggressively writing in her journal. "Whatcha writing?" I try to get a look at her journal and notice she's doing what she would years ago; actually journaling.

Before I could say anything else, Sasha came back from the bathroom. "Oh- hey Anne, you're back again! Who called?" she asked. "Terri. They said they had something to show us, I was thinking we should go now. Just in case it's-" Marcy cuts me off, "Amphibia."

I look nervously at both of their shocked faces; after a good minute, Marcy jumps up and rushes outside, heading to Sasha's car. "I'll take that as a yes-" Sasha chuckled, then grabbed my hand and pulled me towards the door.

Smiling, I got into the car in the passenger seat. Sasha was driving and Marcy sat in the back. "Okay, Terri said they'd message me the place we're supposed to meet at," I said, hooking my phone up to the car. I pulled up the link they sent me and the car started barking orders on where to go. "I always thought it was absurd that cars were made to have artificial voices like that. I always thought there should be programming that would allow you to put your own voice or someone else's," Marcy stated. Nodding, I agreed, "Yeah, that'd be pretty cool, dude. We should pitch it to Apple to put on the Apple Cars, whenever those are released." Most of the rest of the car ride was just us having conversations. Like old times. The nostalgia, haha.