Chapter Ten

Anne's POV

When I woke up, I noticed I was still in the dingy basement of the Plantars' house. I looked to my left to see Sasha still cuddled up as she was last night. Except - no Marcy? I shot up and looked aroud. That must've woken up Sash too because she asked, "Anne? What's wrong?" She then seemed to process Marcy's absence as well and shot up next to me. "Where did Marcy go??" she asked.

"I don't-" I was about to reply when I noticed a note on the nightstand. "Hold on, I think she left a note." I pick it up and begin to read it out loud for Sasha to hear too.
"Dear Anne and Sasha,
I've left for Newtopia because there is one thing I want to check about Darcy. You see, I remember being held in a basement-like area. This is also where I was first possessed. Maybe there's some information about the Core in the area. I left because I just couldn't wait.
Yo girl,
Marcy Wu"
I raised a brow; Marcy have never signed off with "yo girl." Though, other than that, the note looks pretty normal. She may seem a bit more grammatically correct than normal, but maybe she just wanted us to be able to read it?

Feeling my doubts as well, Sasha states, "Are we sure this was Marcy? With Darcy now in her head, it may as well be the Core." I nod, replying, "I'm not sure, but there's no reason to believe it's not Marcy right now. I mean, there is a little doodle. Maybe it's a bit different shaped than normal, but other than that it seems normal."

Though, I was proven wrong as soon as Hop Pop ran down the stairs faster than an old man should be able to. "Anne, Sasha! You have to head to Newtopia right now! Olivia and yunan are about to leave. We just heard word that Marcy went hectic and opened the gates to allow the barbariants into Newtopia. She was taken to the prisons after passing out when the guards arrived."

Sasha and I shared a worried and shocked look before rushing up the stairs to find Olivia and Yunan waiting for us. "Let's get going, girls. We can get there soon if we hurry." Sasha and I jumped on the bird they had perched outside as he began to take flight.

Please be okay, Marcy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/n - posting these fr‼️ expect chapter 11 soon, at most in 2ish weeks, at least in a few days (idk I have no scheduling ability‼️)