Chapter 3

Marcy's POV

The past day has been a ruckus. Sure, I was finally back in Amphibia, re-living the adventure that I loved so dearly. There was nothing wrong with this, as for me personally, I was enjoying my time here so far. That all ended up changing the moment it happened.

Until they spoke to me.

At first, I didn't realize it was there. It seemed like just whispers of me talking to myself. I didn't mind it. However, it soon began to change into something much more, something so terrible that it ruined my mood - and this adventure - completely.

The Core was speaking to me.

I've been trying to brush it off, telling myself it's just a part of me that remembers them and it's just a figment of my imagination. I hid it from Anne and Sasha, worried they'd leave or be overprotective. Either way, I wouldn't want that.

However, it's just been getting worse. Having nowhere else to go, I asked Yunan for advice. "If you believe it's real, you may want to tell them. It'd be a smarter move than leaving them to wonder what's happening to you," she had stated. Olivia walked up, asking what seemed so serious. After filling her in on a short version, she had replied, "You can't run from something this dire, Marcy. It could decide the fates of Amphibia. If they're really back, it's possible they'd want to try at their old antics again." I could feel the color drain from my face. Even if I was scared, I knew Olivia was right. So I went over to the girls, mustering up the most courage I could.

"Girls, we need to talk," is all I said to have them recognize that something was wrong.

Taking them into the Plantar's household and sitting down was just rising my anxiety of how they'd react. I'm sure they'd freak out. I don't think they're actually real. It probably would've been fine to just ignore this until it went away.

But it was too late now.

"Yes, Marcy. Tell on us to your little friends and make them worry more than they already are. They're going to leave you anyw-" no. Shut up, you're not real.

"Marcy? What's wrong?" Sasha asked. I could feel my hands starting to get clammy. I can't do this. But I have to, right? I already brought them here. "Go on, Marcy. Tell them. They won't care anyway, probably dismissing it," they chuckled. I suppressed a shiver, starting with, "I-I have something really important and I wanted to wait because it's probably nothing but it still scares me and Olivia told me it may be best to tell you before anything major happens but I don't want you to worry and it's probably no big deal and nothing to worry about and-"

"Woah, woah, calm down dude," Anne grabbed my shoulder to pull me out of my ranting. "What's worrying you this much??" I could see the concern in Sasha's eyes as she asked. I was nervously biting my lip and fidgeting. Everything was seeming to be too loud. The Core wasn't helping, taunting me with everything and how it was a bad idea; I was beginning to agree. I just have to hurry up and get this over with and then maybe, maybe it'll stop.

I blurt, "I can still hear The Core!" out of nowhere.

Time seems to slow as I wait for their reaction. Even The Core shut up. All attention was either on me or directed towards what I had just said. I didn't like this. I don't like this. I pulled my knees up to my chest and hide my head. This was a mistake. They were right. "Of course we were right, Mar Mar. We always are. Please, Marcy, trust us. They won't care. Run before they begin to mock you, how they used to."

I looked up slightly as Sasha was shaking my shoulders. I only now realized I was crying. I'm not sure what happened with Anne and Sasha, either. They seemed... concerned? I'm not fully sure. I think they're talking. I can see their mouths moving but I can't tell what they're saying. The Core was still speaking nonsense (possibly true, to be honest) and I couldn't hear focus on anything else. All I could hear was them talking and talking and talking without stop. Make it stop. Make it stop.