Chapter Four

Andrias' POV

I know I haven't been a good newt. I've accepted that. I've realized my mistakes and have been trying to improve upon them.

I resigned from my position as King. I've allowed the island to choose it's own leaders. They made a good choice with Grime, the Plantars, and Olivia and Yunan. It's the least I could do for Newtopia. For Marcy.

For them.

I understand why they were so mad now. The destruction I caused because of the music box can never be reversed. They've been gone for a long time. I'm sure they've passed on by now. They weren't able to get 'upgrades' (as I used to call them).

I mostly spend my days tending to my garden and allowing myself to grow old. I've gone blind because of discontinuing the upgrades. I'm alright with that now. Everything has been peaceful for me for a while, even if I don't deserve it.

I allow my mind to wander, something I do often these days. Most of the time I think about Marcy, or about them. Or maybe about how much Marcy reminds me of myself when I was younger, just a more mature and less 'evil' version. Sometimes I think about how Sasha is oh so silimar to Barrel. Sometimes, Anne reminds me of Leif. Every time I think of the Calamity Trio (what Marcy asked me to call them for some reason), they remind me of us. Of how we used to be. The only difference is that they were able to patch things. They were able to see the harm in the box and in The Core. They were able to tell that they had to stop this madness from spreading.

I was just tending to my flowers like any other day when I hear an unmistakable voice.

"Andrias?"

Marcy.

Marcy?

"What- Marcy?" I turn around even though I know I won't be able to tell exactly where she is. I could tell she wasn't alone, however. I could hear the bushes behind her shifting. I would have to guess it's Anne and/or Sasha.

"Hey 'Drais, long time no see?" She sounded a bit unsure. I could understand. Especially after what I've done. "Yes, such a pleasure. How did you arrive? I thought the music box was destroyed?" I asked. "Long story for later. We have some questions." Ah, yes, the cold voice of Sasha. "Please, ask away."

"Do you know anything about The Core? And how they existed?" I was taken aback; I wasn't expecting a question as heavy as this. Did something happen?

"Well, I don't know much because often they wouldn't tell, but I do know when they ..possessed you.. they only wanted the wire momentarily. According to them, it was a way to channel themselves permanently into your mind. I guessed they didn't have the time to do that. However, your question makes me think otherwise. Is everything alright, Marcy?"

It took a few seconds to get a reply, "It must've worked then. Unless it is auditory, which is unlikely now, it's them." I sigh slightly. This was all my fault. If I hadn't helped them throughout the thousands of years in trying to get the box back, Marcy wouldn't have been in so much trouble. Leif and Barrel probably wouldn't have left. "...I'm deeply sorry, Marcy." What else could I say? I ruined her life as well as her friends'. I don't even think they'll-

"It's okay, 'Drais." What? "I can tell you've changed, and if by some chance haven't yet, you're trying to. Isn't that enough? It may have been mainly your fault," youch, "but I don't blame you for that. They manipulated you and used you. What's important is that you made the right choice in the end. Don't you think?" Marcy really reminds me of that Steven Universe kid I had met once through the box. Kind and understanding, but strong when need be.

"Thank you. I know I don't deserve forgiveness. I'm glad you've found it not too hard, Marcy. I bid you luck. And to Darcy," I couldn't help calling them that, I had been used to it for months, "go fuck youselves and get out of Marcy's mind." I could hear Anne and Sasha snicker. At least, I believe it was them. It wasn't Marcy's giggle.

"Thanks for the information dude, but we might want to get back to Wartwood. See you around?" I recognized this to be Anne.

Nodding, I replied, "Yes. Again, good luck. You could go visit the Olms to see if they have any solution for getting them out of your head Marcy."

"We'll definitely try it." I recognized this voice as Sasha's. It was shocking how much more mature they all sounded.

"Stay safe out there. Amphibia may have improved over the last few years but that doesn't mean it's completely safe, alright?" I stated, Marcy snickering slightly in reply, "Of course, 'Drais, ya big softie." I chuckled a bit as I started to hear the leaves rustle again.

I waited a few minutes before letting out a little sigh. I'm hoping they'll be okay. After everything that's happened, they still don't get a break. It's quite a shame. I wish them luck and safety throughout their journey.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/n - A bit of a shorter chapter, mainly because its a different pov than normal. Also, I'm gonna try to post more frequently. Again, no promises because most of the time I'm busy or forget, but I'll try to get on and type more throughout the day.
I also want to say I might be going on hiatus for a bit. In a few days I need to go to a thing for honor's band and that'll slow down my writing. Idk how long it'll be before I post again so I figured I'd let my readers know.
Thanks for reading through this! I hope everyone has a good day/night.