Chapter Nine

3rd Person POV

Darcy called Joe Sparrow and quickly mounted. It was going to be a few hours of a flight, but that was too long, so Darcy really pushed Joe. They got to Newtopia within a half hour.

By now, Darcy was able to tell how Marcy was beginning to fight again. Aldrich spoke, "Just a few more minutes, wit." They then proceeded to be allowed through the gates.

Essentially, Marcy was still considered a higher power. So Darcy told the guards at the gate that they would be able to handle the gate for a bit. Of course, this was a complete lie. They had one of the guards give them his Newtopian gun (which was basically a bow and arrows at this point) and headed up to the gate mechanics. They then proceeded to wait a few minutes until people had left completely before opening the gates.

Of course, it was hard with the host's nerd arms, but they managed. The ants from outside didn't notice, but the citizens did. Especially when flaming arrows were starting to get flown at their carts. This is what had grabbed the ants' attention.

They were rushing in at quick rates. Darcy grinned, knowing that even though their time was almost up that they had brought chaos to the town. The guards from earlier (along with thee addition of a few) had finally realize what must have happened. They had reached to where Darcy was and were able to see them clearly being the only person up there.

"FREEZE! Turn around with your hands above your head, Master Marcy." One of the guards shouted. When the only response Darcy gave was a sinister giggle (and a poor attempt to backwards throw a dagger at a guard), one of the guards shot an arrow in their leg. Darcy then slowly turned around, that same wicked grin from so many years ago plastered on their face before they fell to the ground, passing out.