The day with K part 2

K came back with one cigarette in his mouth, a lighter, and a towel in his hand. I stood up and he wrapped the towel around my shoulders. We sat next to a palm tree where the leaves went over our heads leaving the shade to protect our skin. "So how's life back at lake placid?" I asked him. "Pretty much the same." He answers. "Catherine comes by sometimes to see if you're there". He added. "Tell her I miss her" I giggle. A few minutes pass and the note pops into my head. "Yesterday, I was closing the diner and this note that said 'I will always be for you, for L' and it came with a necklace. Did you send it?" I asked him. "No. You never know, it's probably for someone else who works there." he replied. "The thing is, there is no one else's name there with the letter L" I added. K throwed down the cigarette, stepped on it and started walking to the car. "Ummm...what are you doing?" I questioned. "Going to find this guy who's sending you love notes." I stood up and followed him. "No babe. I don't need you getting into more trouble." I said. "NO I'M GONNA KILL SON OF A-" HE YELLED. "K, YOU'RE ALREADY GONNA GET IN TROUBLE SELLING DRUGS" I cut him off. "I DONT CARE. I'M HERE NOW AM I?" He shouted. He jumped in the car and I blocked the door from closing. "I DON'T WANT YOU GOING TO JAIL FOR STUPID SITUATIONS LIKE THIS." He started up the car. "GOING TO BEAT A GUY UP JUST BECAUSE THERE WAS A NOTE OUTSIDE WITH THE FIRST LETTER OF MY NAME ON IT." K cut off the car engine put his hands on his face. I guess he realised that I was right. "Get in the car" he said calmly. I went around the car and got in. 10 minutes later he turned the car back on and took me home. The whole ride was silent. I went into my dorm without saying goodbye. When I walked inside I found Laura asleep on her bed with a empty tub of vanilla ice cream on the floor. I threw it away, took a shower, and fell asleep in my bed.