Chapter 3: Reunion.

3...

2...

Shichi looks at the elevator number as it descends. And it isn't going to stop anytime soon.

1...

"How should I greet them?..."

G...

The door opens wide, and he can see two girls standing and holding hands inside.

"SORAKA!"

"Click! Click!"

The younger girl who runs out is Eri, a kid with a little horn on the forehead, platinum hair, and big bright ruby eyes. And she wears simple, blue, soft-looking, and adorable pajamas with a cute little bear face on the chest. Moreover, currently, she shows nothing more than pure happiness as she hugs Soraka like a little pet that displays no resistance. That is good, considering the trauma that she suffered before the raid.

He then takes a look at the other.

The girl is slightly older than him. She has black, straight, and slightly messy hair with a yellow raincoat replaced with now the same-colored hoodie she has insisted on getting after seeing them at a store in the shopping mall. And that's all. Seriously, he doesn't know much more about the other. Or the very least, he isn't allowed to know, as he didn't take part in the raid rescuing the girls. All he knows about her is that the girl is a sharp, resourceful, and joyful person with dark crimson eyes under her bangs and an unknown quirk. She used to be constantly alerted, which now turns slightly less after 3 weeks here.

And he feels that she may or may not have an even more severe trauma than Eri's. Though that's just some of his speculation.

"Sup."

"Good morning, Seven."

"Oh, come on! This is the second time today someone got my identity wrong. It's SHICHI."

This is very annoying to be referred to as someone he isn't, which makes him wonder why she insists on calling him "Seven".

The girl giggles a little as she gets out of the elevator. Her gesture shows joy and harmony. Then, he taps his shoulder.

"You know it's the same thing, right?"

"Yeah. Yeah, Yellow Riding Hood." ("Shichi" in Japanese is Seven)

Shichi reluctantly agrees and decides against continuing this. Then, the girl looks at his static hand, which is the consequence of coming in contact with a Signalizer and now has been bandaged.

"Then, what are you doing this late?"

After all, it's barely 4 A.M, a time kids as young as Eri would be deep in sleep before being awakened in the next 2 hours.

"Oh. It's just Eri having a little nightmare. The thunder did scare her quite much."

Six looks outside as the thunder screams.

*KRARK-BOOM!!!*

Eri yelps and runs towards the girl as the echo of the thunder is soon obscured by the heavy storm outside. The girl in the yellow cardigan then walks past him to Eri, whom she reassures by patting and rubbing the little girl's head. That turns out perfectly fine. He can hear the girl telling Eri to turn on the light.

"So, we decide to take a "trip" down here for milk that may help her."

"Oh. I see. Then, let me help you."

There's nothing much he can say more from here. Undoubtedly, there are numerous things he can ask, but that doesn't fit the situation, so he turns to his left to the kitchen.