1 - If You Go Down, I'm Going Down Too

***2015***

***SCOTT POV***

KINSLEY: You still coming to the recording studio today?

SCOTT: Yeah, I'm here visiting my brother while he filming the movie. Okay if he comes?

KINSLEY: Yeah, that's fine.

SCOTT: Alright well we will be there in about half an hour. He has a day off filming.

KINSLEY: Sounds good. I might be busy writing in the booth or playing just have them get my attention.

SCOTT: Sounds good. See you soon sweetie.

I was sitting in Chris's rental house waiting for him to get ready.

"Chris! We got to go! I have someone to meet and I want you to go with me!" I yelled and I heard Chris groan as he came walking out of the bedroom buckling his belt.

"I didn't even know how to dress, you won't tell me where we are going." Chris said. He stood there in a pair of jeans and a plan grey t-shirt.

"You look fine, let's go." I said getting up as we headed out to the rental car and we drove to the recording studio she was at.

"What are we doing here?" Chris asked getting out of the car.

"You know that friend I have Kinsley?" I asked and Chris nodded.

"Well that Kinsley Harlow, the country singer. She asked me to come and listen to a song she just wrote. She said it's important I hear it." I said and Chris half nodded but was smiling.

"I like some of her songs. She is pretty good, country just isn't my thing." Chris said and I nodded.

"I know but she is an awesome friend. Known her for a few years. We met at a charity event and hit it off right away." I said and Chris smiled as we walked in. We signed in and were told where to go. We walked in and I saw her manager Terry.

"Hey Terry." I said shaking his hand.

"Scott, nice to see you. She told me you were coming." Terry said. I moved to the side.

"My brother Chris." I said introducing him. They shook hands. Terry pointed into the booth and I saw her playing her guitar and she looked to be writing and singing to herself. I hit the mic button to be heard in the booth.

"Hey troublemaker." I said and her head shot up and she smiled. She put her guitar down and came rushing out. She jumped on me wrapping her arms around my neck. We hadn't seen each other in months. She was working on her album and usually shut herself off when she was. I wrapped my arms around her as we hugged.

"I missed you." Kinsley said as we broke apart.

"I missed you too." I said, I then looked at Chris. "My brother Chris." I introduced and Kinsley shook his hand and I saw it, I knew it happened...they sparked.

"Nice to meet you." Kinsley said and he smiled.

"Same to you." Chris said and he smiled. Terry cleared his throat.

"Since he is here now, you going record the secret song?" Terry asked and we all laughed and Kinsley nodded.

"This is a song I wrote for you." Kinsley said poking me in my chest.

"Oh Kins really?" I asked and she laughed.

"I would wait until you hear it to be all sentimental and lovey." Kinsley said and she laughed walking to the booth.

***NORMAL POV***

I sat on the stool in the booth after getting my guitar and placed the guitar in my lap grabbing the pick. I stummed a few chords and hummed making sure it was in tune.

"Ready?" Terry asked and I nodded.

"Yep." I said. I saw the knobs and switches get started and I started playing. I winked at Scott.

🎵 I've known you since Brad and Angelina
We go back like Pontiac seats
If I got an aisle with a mess I gotta clean up
I know you'll be showin' up with bleach, hmm
All those names that we don't ever speak of
Got a couple nights that have slipped my mind
Proof and photographs have been deleted
If you ever needed an alibi
Cause dirt on you is dirt on me
And we both know our hands ain't clean
If it all blows up and we end up on the news
If you go down, I'm going down too
It's a good thing we're each other's kinda crazy
Ain't no judgment or keepin' score
If you rob a bank, I'm your getaway Mercedes
God knows that's what friends are for
Cause dirt on you is dirt on me
And we both know our hands ain't clean
If it all blows up and we end up on the news
If you go down, I'm going down too
If you go down, I'm going down too, yeah
I keep all your secrets by the dozen
You know where my skeletons sleep
Hypothetically, if you ever kill your husband
Hand on the Bible, I'd be lyin' through my teeth
Cause dirt on you is dirt on me
And we both know our hands ain't clean
If it all blows up and we end up on the news
If you go down, I'm going down too
Our bodies are buried and they're in the same ditch
So even if I wanted to, I can't snitch
30 to life would go quicker with you, yeah
So, if you go down, I'm going down too
If you go down, I'm going down too
If you go down, I'm going down too🎵

Once the song was over Scott came running into the booth and gave me a huge hug. Luckily I got the guitar put down in enough time.

"I loved it so much!" Scott said as we hugged and I laughed.

"It will be on the next album. You have been one of my truest and bestest friends and I can't thank you enough." I said and Scott said hugged me again.

"I love you Kins." Scott said and Chris came walking in the booth.

"That was about him and you?" Chris asked and I nodded with a smile.

"It was." I said and Scott smiled.

"Ma will love that song." Chris said and I smiled.

"I will give you a special copy to take home today. I'll tell Terry. She should hear it before the album." I said and Scott kissed me cheek.

"You guys gonna stick around? I have a few more things to record and I would love honest opinions." I said and Scott looked at Chris and Chris nodded so did Scott.

"Perfect." I said and they walked out of the booth.

***SCOTT POV***

"Don't think I didn't notice that." I said.

"What?" Chris asked.

"The smiling, the flirting smile you have. I know you can control it so you think she's cute." I said and Chris shrugged.

"I don't know for sure Scott. I mean she seems nice and all and yes she is beautiful but I just met her." Chris said and I sighed.

"Well just in case you wondering, she is single." I said and Chris shoved me.

"Thanks." Chris said sarcastically as Kinsley started singing and playing again.