13 - It's Time

***FEW WEEKS LATER***

I was 4:30am in the morning and I was finishing packing up my suitcase for the tour. Terry would be here around 5 or 5:30 to pick me up and I would be gone. Chris wanted to take me to the airport but we didn't want to take a chance and be spotted together so Terry was just picking me up at his house. I took my suitcase and carryon bag to the door and put them there. Dodger was following me around whimpering and I sighed. I crouched down with him by the door.

"I know bubba, I'm going to miss you too but you got dad to take care of." I said and kissed his muzzle. I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket, it was my mom.

MOM: Dad and I want to make sure you're awake and getting ready.

I smiled shaking my head at them.

KINS: You guys are ridiculous waking up this early just to see. Yes, I'm awake, packed, bags by the door and Terry is picking me up soon. I love you guys and I will call you soon. Get some more sleep.

I put my phone back in my pocket. I walked back to the bedroom and went into the bathroom and grabbed my hairband and started putting my hair into a braid. As I was braiding my hair I heard Chris's alarm go off. I peeked out and saw him grumble, turn it off and sit up.

"Babe, what are you doing? Go back to bed." I said walked up to him as he stood up. He placed his hands on my hips and forehead on mine. I swore he fell back asleep for a minute and then he sighed.

"I just need to hold you one last time before you go." Chris said and I sighed wrapping my arms around his midsection and pulled him flush against me and holding on tight. He finally looked at me and sighed.

"How many months?" Chris asked and I smiled at him.

"With tour and press 4 months." I said and he sighed.

"We can make it work right? I mean long distance sucks." Chris said and I nodded.

"It does but we can do this. I mean I know I'll be traveling and it will be hard to talk but I will be on TV and I will always let you know when so you can watch. I will wink so you know it's for you." I said and Chris smiled.

"I like that." Chris said and I smiled.

"Also, I may get some time off, maybe you can come see me or I can try and get to you. Or we meet up somewhere." I said and Chris nodded.

"I like that too. And then when you come to Boston, I will there cheering you on." Chris said and I smiled.

"With the family. You all will have tickets." I said and he smiled.

"Good, no way they would let me go alone." Chris said and we laughed.

"I will do all I can to keep in contact Chris, I promise but there will be some nights it might just be a text telling you I'm going to bed." I said and he nodded.

"I know love and it's okay. I just want to hear from you." Chris said and I nodded. I looked at the time as my cellphone vibrated in my pocket.

"That's Terry, he must be here." I said and pulled my phone out.

TERRY: I need the gate code.

I giggled showing Chris and he laughed.

"Don't give it to him. I'm holding you hostage." Chris said and I laughed shaking my head and sent the gate code.

"You can't hold the willing hostage first of all and second of all I have to go." I said and Chris just groaned. He leaned down and pressed his lips gently to mine while lifting a hand to cup my cheek.

"I love you." Chris said.

"I love you too. I also left you a bottle of my perfume in case you need to spray the pillow." I said and Chris smiled.

"You thought of everything...." Chris said and I nodded.

"As well as packing 3 of your shirts with me and your cologne." I said and Chris laughed. I felt my cellphone go off in my hand. "I better go."

"Let me walk you out." Chris said and I shook my head.

"No, go back to bed, get some sleep." I said and he shook his head.

"I want to see you out." Chris said and I sighed.

"Okay..." I said as we walked to the front door with Dodger right behind us. Once we got to the door Chris opened the door and Terry was leaning on the car and the driver came to the door.

"Can I take you bags Miss Harlow?" He asked and I nodded and handed him my 2 suitcases. I grabbed my carryon and Chris noticed something sitting on top of it.

"Excuse me, were you going to steal this?" Chris asked taking the NASA hat from my hands and I smiled.

"Maybe..." I said and he smiled. He leaned down giving me a passionate kiss. As he kissed me he put the hat on me. I smiled as we broke apart.

"It looks better on you." Chris said and I sighed. I looked at him as tears filled my eyes.

"4 months." I whispered in a shaky breath.

"We got this. We are strong and can withstand anything." Chris said and I nodded. I look down at Dodger.

"Take care of dad for me." I said to Dodger and he barked. I leaned down and he licked my cheek and I smiled. I stood up and looked at Chris. "You boys don't have too much fun without me." I said and Chris shook his head.

"Never." Chris said giving me another small kiss.

"Kinsley..." Terry said and I groaned.

"I gotta go." I said and Chris nodded giving me another small kiss. I walked out to the car and looked at Terry.

"Sorry, I don't like leaving him." I said once got in the car and we were pulling from the driveway.

"You have a schedule to follow...you know how this goes, time is of the essence." Terry said.

"Yeah, yeah..." I said as I put on my sunglasses and pulled brim of the hat down. There was no sun but I needed to hide the tears.