Nine

Kanaf Kazuki

As those feminine hands grabbed my hair they pulled their body closer to me as if they demanded my heat. It was as if we were the only two in the world.

"I hate you."

"I know that, so do I."

Today was the day the play would premiere, thankfully it could only be seen live today once during the morning and afternoon. We've rehearsed more than enough, well I did atleast.

Melt and Aqua seemed prepared although a bit nervous, however one seemed to give me more than a few side glances that I ignored. It was obvious what they meant.

"Let's go, it's showtime."

The play starts with me walking through a town with my family. Mother and younger sister, we were going to splurge a bit since my mother had gotten a raise and coincidentally it was my younger sisters birthday.

"Ah sorry you two go ahead without me, I'm gonna head to the bathroom first."

I gave them a smile and turned to walk away, before I could even get five steps away a large gust of wind flew through blowing everything past a single meter away entirely.

My body remained still for a moment before tears came down my face as I stared into the destroyed area. Soon after a dozen of inhuman monster ran onto the stage and began to just destroy it even further.

Yet in response a dozen of soldier ran in front of me to combat the monsters while I stood in the middle of a battle field ignorant like a fool.

Then the scene instantly transitioned. With a smokescreen for not even a minute the scene completely changed into that of a large scale fight in the same town.

Instead of being damaged it had become a bloody battlefield where men and women fought with blades.

"Ghk...! Damnit, I swear I'm gonna kill you!"

It was a year later and the war between humans and demons raged on. Due to time constraints we had to cut off the part for the war. Even then not every scene happens with me in it so it fills up time.

Melt was on one knee and slightly panting. The two of us had been battling a female demon who was definitely someone I'd be into. We both wore military uniforms with haori while having katanas for battle.

"You good there sidekick?"

I spoke without turning around as I looked in front to be faced off with a female demon. Her long brown hair along with a bloody face she held blade in their hands although sloppily unlike my proper and defensive stance.

"You... I'm gonna kill you!"

The figure in front of me sloppily charged forward and slammed their blade against mine while I held my own.

"Kghk...!"

"Well, you really are good, I'd love to have you now..."