Fourteen (Confession Chapter)

Kanaf Kazuki

"Aqua, I'm going to follow her. If you need to talk to me then we can do it later, I'm sure there are things you need to say to Arima no?"

The blonde boy looked at me as I stood up to face him properly. He was silent as he judged me and thought carefully before he spoke.

"Then, go and don't let her go too far. She probably went behind the school to go sulk since that's where she typically goes. I do have some things to say to Arima after all."

He looked down at the red headed girl who couldn't even say anything before sending me off. I didn't ask what he wanted to say to her, I don't have that right but even then Ruby is far more important.

I grabbed her tray and made my way to the back of the school building. As I approached the girl who curled up next to the she'd connected to the school building I heard the bell sound.

"I was right to bring this then, she hadn't even eaten yet."

I took a deep breath before I walked over to the girl and set her tray to the right of her in between the two of as I sat down next to her. I didn't say anything for awhile, I don't think she even realized I was there as she silently cried.

"Ruby."

I silently called her name as let the slightly cold air hit my cheeks. Ruby was wearing a skirt she shouldn't be out here for much longer otherwise she'll get sick.

I didn't say anything and let her finish crying, had she been sobbing or a complete mess I would've intervened but it was so quiet and heartbreaking I didn't stop her. After a few more minutes she had slowly calmed down and I didn't move as I sat with her behind the school.

"Ruby."

In between sniffles she looked up at me from her head that was buried in her legs. It seems that she really didn't even notice I was here.

"Kanaf...? What are you doing here, just go away you're a liar like Senpai."

That wasn't wrong, both Arima and I lied. Even if no questions are asked to not say something like this, I can't deny it isn't a lie. Especially with me being aware of their feelings.

"I am a liar I can't deny that Ruby. But that doesn't mean I care about you any less, I wouldn't be here with your lunch. It's cold now though."

She looked at me with glassy eyes, they seemed to be deeply examining me. I looked right back at her before speaking.

"My relationship with Arima wasn't very pleasant to be honest, it made me hate her just a bit. She feels the same way about me, bringing it up when we both have people were interested in would've gotten in the way."

"You mean Aozaki Aoi right? You're dating her anyway, then you shouldn't be here comforting another girl. I'd feel bad for her."

Ruby stood up and was going to run away again but I grabbed her hand before she even had the chance. Some people I may have let things end halfway and halfheartedly but not here. Now that she's in my grasp I refuse to follow he same path I did with Arima.

"Don't run away. If we were dating then I wouldn't be here, but I am right now. Why do you think that is?"

She looked back at me where I sat on the cold ground looking back up at her. Her gaze was so fragile yet I wouldn't allow mine to deviate from one of complete seriousness. I refuse to let this girl go.

"Kanaf..."

"Just take a guess, you're a smart girl Ruby."

I stood up to face her. Her head was just at my chin and she had to look up at me. Her golden hair that went down to her waist along with her beautiful eyes that I could stare into for what would feel forever. I loved her as a fan and now that she is in front of me that feeling has changed. As man and woman it isn't Aozaki or Arima I have feelings for. The one I love is Ruby Hoshino.

"I don't know, there no way I could know what you're thinking. You don't tell me things when something is obviously wrong, you have so many people that you know but keep them hidden away and you obviously are in pain when you even trick yourself. Of course I don't know...!"

As she continued her glassy eyes cracked as warm tears began to fall. Yet at the same time I was surprised, she was watching me that closely?

"Ruby..."

"Kanaf you're a liar."

"I know."

"You're the worst."

"Ruby, stand by the wall for a second. I just need to see something."

She looked at me suspiciously for blowing off what she said for a selfish demand. She stood back to the wall of the school building giving me a look of displeasure hidden beneath warm tears. I mustered every ounce of courage I had in my body to do what I did following this.

I slowly approached her until there was less than a centimeter from our faces. I put my hand on the wall next to her head as I leaned down to be at a mutual eye level. Her expression was shocked and surprised, but the smile she fought back due to nerves was something I found adorable.

"I love you Ruby, if you don't want this then push me off."

"Kanaf—"

Before she could finish speaking I cut her off, we kissed. I could feel her warm tears and my body seemed to be set on fire, there was no tongue or lust but affection for the brief moment we shared. It felt like an eternity yet was no longer than ten minutes.

When we separated she looked stunned for a moment while I tried to desperately calm myself.

"You... just kissed me right?"

"Yes you could say that, why did you not want to?"

"I did! Ah, I mean... by do it again!"

Now she was shouting something I didn't think I'd ever hear, and needless to say we were behind the school kissing for awhile. However we ended up skipping the rest of the school day together hand in hand.