Thirteen

Hikaru Kamiki

"Yo Hikaru! What are you doing out here, it's not like you'll feel any better. Let's go get some ramen!"

Every day.

"Hikaru! Let's go to the arcade yeah? I'm totally going to beat you today!"

Every day.

"You're in the library again. Look stop trying to run away, let's go hang out Hikaru!"

Every damned day...

"No, I have no reason to go with you. How about you just leave, your grating voice is painful."

Hikaru spat bitterly as I glared at the boy in front of him. He seemed shocked for a moment but smiled immediately, it was smug and served no purpose but to piss him off.

"I guess you can talk if you want to after all, not like that's enough to make me give up. Come on Hikaru let's go!"

The boy reached for his shoulder only for Hikaru to slap his hand away. He gave the carefree boy a cold glare only for him to shrug it off.

"Kazuki! Are you ready to go yet?"

A girl's voice called out to the boy next to me. The boy in question smirked as he put his hand up in some form of apology that I don't care for.

I let him leave with the girl while I didn't bother seeing him off or properly looking at the girl.

"...Disgusting."

Kanaf Kazuki

Lunch had just begun and people were still asking me questions. I looked over to a redhead seated to my left who continuously avoided my gaze.

"What happened to your butterfly earring? It was super cool, do you not have it anymore?"

A jet brown haired girl asked. Due to her hourglass figure she's a model but could easily gravitate to other things too, such as acting for example.

"Ah, well the earrings went in three so you know?"

She looked surprised for a moment once she realized what I meant and immediately started apologizing.

"It's fine seriously, no need to apologize that sincerely. Well I'm going to the cafeteria, feel free to come if you want. That includes you Arima."

I stood up and left, I didn't turn around and look to them but three pairs of feet followed me.

Once we arrived at the cafeteria on the first years floor we still had around a half hour and the lines were starting to get smaller. The meals here are typically healthy because you know, but a lot of people bring their own lunch to maintain their diet.

When I turned on to lean on the railing for the line I only now looked at who followed me. In closest to farthest it was Arima, the model Sakurajima Naoki and a V-Tuber that's gaining more and more popularity Asato Nagi.

Sakurajima and Asato seemed to be talking about the latest video games or something of that nature. They were both really into that sort of thing from what I remember after all.