Chapter Two: New Beginning

August 26 2021

A few days have passed since the battle at New York. Many marines have lost their life in the battle along with Alex's brother sam. The funeral was held at Arlington Cemetery. Many marines including Sergeant Mercer were giving their respects to Samuel.

Alex was there as he placed the flowers and paid his respects. Ever since Alex lost his right arm in the battle, he's been discharged.

Sometime has passed and the funeral was over as Alex was looking at Sam's gravestone. He tried his best to save Sam but he failed. He began having memories of the incident. He began walking away until someone spoke to Ambrose as he saw who it was.

 He began walking away until someone spoke to Ambrose as he saw who it was

It was Sergeant Mercer. He put his hand on Alex's shoulder and said something to him.

Mercer: Come on. Let's go.

Alex didn't say anything as both of them continued walking until they saw someone walking towards them as they saw who it was.

His name is Saul Matthews. He is the CEO of Atlas Corporation. Saul walked towards them and spoke to them.

Saul: Excuse me Alex? I'm Saul Matthews.

Alex was looking at him as Saul said something to him.

Saul: I'm sorry about what has happened to you and your brother. Your father always told me, You two always want to be like him.

Alex was thinking about what Saul said. How does he know Alex's father? Saul said something to him as Alex was listening to him.

Saul: Your father was a good friend of mine. I knew him for a very long time. After your father passed away, I heard about You and Sam being enlisted in the marines.

Alex was silent as Saul continued speaking to him.

Saul: But Alex, I'm here to give you a second chance.

Mercer: Mr. Matthews. Alex has been discharged due to his injuries and-

Saul: I am aware of his injuries. At Atlas, we have prosthetics that are twenty years beyond anything the military could offer you. Your father told me what kind of soldier you were. You deserve to fight for a military that's as effective as you are.