Chapter Sixteen: Collapse

October 23 2025 [Two Months Later]

Two months have passed since Sentinel destroyed Manticore. They have been trying to collect evidence for the last two months in order to arrest Saul and shut down Atlas. However Saul was smart and destroyed all the evidence about what he has done for the last four years.

The team also spoke to their loved ones and they were glad that the team were alright and hoped they will meet each other again. The loved ones also told the team to take care of themselves.

Right now, Saul Matthews was at the United Nations as he began his speech and everyone was listening to what he was gonna say.

Saul: I am honored to be the first CEO of a private corporation to become a member of the United Nations Security Council.

Everyone began clapping for him as Saul was looking at them before he continued his speech.

Saul: Unfortunately, my appearance today has been clouded by speculations that my company is developing a weapon capable of mass destruction. I want to address these allegations head on.

Everyone was silent as Saul said something and everyone was listening to him.

Saul: Are we developing such a weapon? No we are not. . . . Because we've already developed it.

Everyone was shocked by what Saul said as Matthews continued speaking.

Saul: But with all due respect. The United Nations is a relic from a different time when nations were unique in their ability to solve the world's problems. But that just isn't the case anymore.

Everyone was silent as Saul was staring at them until Matthews said something to them.

Saul: Primarily because you have outsourced that job to me. I have sent people to die in your battles. So I feel uniquely qualified to tell you, your battles don't work! Which is why my priorities have changed from profits to policy.

Everyone was silent as Saul was staring at them and continued his speech as everyone was listening to him.

Saul: Because the world doesn't know how to solve their problems, but I do.

Matthews continued staring at everyone until he finished his speech.

Saul: So let's be clear. I am here to solve the world's problems and I believe the world's problems. . . begin with you.

Meanwhile at the Sentinel Headquarters, the team along with Mercer were watching the video footage of Saul's speech as they were talking about it.

Chris: I can't believe this.

Michael: Saul is declaring on the entire world.

Anne: But we destroyed Manticore. Without it, Atlas doesn't stand a chance.

Benjamin: Guys, you need to see this!

The team were looking at Benjamin and Jack as they began speaking to them.

Jack: I cracked the encryption on the last set of uploads.

Mercer: What did you find?

Jack: This.