7. mind (edward)

Edward needed to take his mind off Jacob, the bed he had set up for Alice and Bella's sleepovers was still in his room. He decided that that night would be the night that he and Bella would have some fun. Why not? As long as Bella agreed, of course. Edward decided that he would tidy up the room a bit, maybe light some candles, too. This night would be a good thing for him. For them.

About an hour later, Edward had picked up the scattered books from his floor, watered his echeveria plant, and dusted the cobwebs from the windows. Now, it was time to make the bed as inviting as possible. Edward found a few more pillows from sneaking into Rosalie and Emmet's room, and found some fresh sheets in the first-floor closet.

Edward was pulling off the comforter when he noticed something small and black tucked near the edge of the mattress. He went over to the object and pulled it from its hiding place. A lacy black bra dangled in Edward's hand. He immediately caught a whiff of Alice's floral perfume, and a hint of Bella's strawberry shampoo.

He gasped and the bra fell to the floor. His mind shut down for a moment, which was rare for a vampire. He snapped back to reality when he heard the doorknob of the front door being turned, and the smell of blood and strawberry shampoo filling the house. Edward picked up the bra and sped down the stairs to find a worried Bella stepping into the threshold.

"Edward, Jacob needs to—"

"Bella, are you sleeping with Alice?" Edward asked, jumping straight to the point.

"W-what?" Bella mumbled, looking stunned.

"Bella, I'm asking you if you're having sex with my sister. Answer me, please." Edward went over to her, put both hands on her cheeks, and gave her a pleading look. Bella sighed and looked up at him with her doe eyes that instantly made him soften.

"Okay." Bella took a deep breath and went on, "When you were out hunting, w-we kissed, and then the kissing went further, and the next thing I knew..." Bella trailed off, and Edward was glad he had an answer.

"I'm so, so sorry, Edward." She whispered, and tears filled her eyes.

"It's okay, Bella." Edward crooned, and pulled her into his arms. 

"This, this doesn't matter right now. You need to get to Jacob, Edward." Bella said as they untwined from each other's arms.

"What do you mean?"

"Edward... Jacob was begging me to come get you," She hesitated before continuing, "I know about you two."

Edward's mind was racing, Bella didn't need to elaborate on what 'you two' implied. She knew about the secret.