CHAPTER I : PILOT

Why have you stopped the car here? It's so dark and I can barely see anyone around. I asked him surprised. "Isn't it the best thing that no one's around and we're here alone?". He said looking at my face biting his lips. I unlocked my seat belt and jumped on his laps. He grabbed my waist and pressed his lips against mine. His soft lips on mine still gave me butterflies though we've been dating for past two years. He slowly moved his hand from my waist to my neck as I made him hard down there. I was about to move my hand down on him when I heard someone laughing.

I looked outside the car window and saw a girl laughing at me. When I looked closely I saw Yug standing beside her, his hand on her waist, kissing her neck. I couldn't understand what was happening and when I looked back I found myself sitting alone in the car. "Yug? Is that you? Hey, you can't do this to me, what's happening here? This.. this isn't real, you can't do this to me, Yug?" "I'm sorry Kayra, it is what it is." "No! You can't simply just cheat on me. You love me right?" I couldn't hear anything, all I could see was Yug standing with her laughing. "No!" I cried out loudly and opened my eyes in shock only to realised that it was just a dream.

Yug, Yug Singh, the love of my life. We dated for two and a half years, where he betrayed me with no remorse. It's been three years to our breakup and yet I can't forget about his betrayal. All I could think about is how he ruined my life, my happiness and is happily living out there with no regrets.

Five years ago......

"Kayra wake up, you'll be late on your first day. " Rey shouted. Rey, I mean Reyansh Khanna my elder brother and my forever support system in my family. "Yes, I'm awake. Give me few minutes I'll be ready." It's my first day of high school and as always I'm late. "Why do have to be late everytime? It's your first day and still you can't be on time, seriously Kayra, you need to grow up now a little". My mom said with disappointment. My mom Sharmila Khanna, she has always been like that, disappointed with me. Obviously I wasn't a topper nor I had any athletic skills like my brother. The only thing I was good at was dancing. I loved dancing I had performed in every cultural fest or competition that was conducted in my previous school, but, obviously my parents weren't the very happy one's. My brother instead used to hype me up everytime and would attend all of my fests and competition. Apart from dancing, I loved reading novels. Books were like an escape from the reality it kept my mind calm.

I'm sor...! "Mom, cut her some slack, it's her first day she must be nervous. Afterall it's completely a new place for her". Rey interrupted. I told you, Rey is my biggest support system, if it was not him I would have ran away from this family long ago. "You don't always have to be at her side Reyansh, you're only going to spoil her more." Dad said. My dad, Prakash Khanna, he used to be my super hero but as I grew up his business grew up and he got more involved in his business and less involved with me, and that's how we just drifted apart.

"Okay can we leave now? Aren't we getting late now?" I said irritated. Yeah! Let's leave. Rey said. Wait! Aren't mom and dad coming to see off me? Isn't it a big deal I'm starting a new school? "It is a big deal, and we are so happy for you but we can't make it we have this urgent work thing and we have to go there." Dad said. Now you see why we drifted apart! "Offcourse!" I said with a frown face. "Hey! Am I not important or what? I've taken leave from my college today for you." Rey said mocking me. I said bye to my parents and sat in the car. "Offcourse you're important. You're the only one who loves me and would do anything for me. Thankyou Rey." I said almost with teras in my eyes. "I love you too baby sis."

                                     •••

                         Author's Note:
Hello readers, I hope you're liking the story of Kayra so far. This is a fictional story with fictional characters, the pictures and audios used are not mine so the credit goes to the respective owners. This story is my imagination and I don't allow anyone to copy it or adapt it in any other language.

With new chapters, new events are waiting to be released.
So stay tuned, also do like and share if you enjoyed it.
Also kindly spare me the grammatical mistakes as it's my first time in writing area.

Thankyou.
Aditi Sinha