CHAPTER VIII: Our First Date

"Where were you? I've been waiting for so long." I said. We decided that he'll pick me up near my school. "I'm so sorry, don't be angry. See what happened that..." "Can we talk inside the car it's kind of hot out?" I said interrupting him in between. "Oh yes please, sorry." He said little scared. "See, I'm sorry I got late. Actually the shirt I wanted to wear wasn't ironed and mom wasn't home then I had to find another one then when I got ready, I couldn't find the keys which by the way was in my jeans pocket the whole time, then I got stuck in traffic and, he took a pause and said looking at me, I just wanted everything to be perfect today, for you. " His eyes looking right into mine, they looked so pretty, filled with love, and innocence. "Hey, relax! I was just joking I'm not mad at you at all, oh God." I said looking at him. "Really you're not?" He asked with his eyes all big. "No stupid, actually it was all Siya's idea to freak you out." I said with a big smile on my face. "That Siya, ugh." He said irritated.

We laughed while we drove towards the mall. "So where are we going?" I asked him. "Um you say? Coffee?" He said pointing to the CCD at the third floor. "Sure." I said. While we were on the escalator Yug stood right beside me. He looked so dreamy, wearing white t-shirt with a denim shirt on top of it with a blue jeans and white shoes. I felt as if I was the luckiest girl in the world to have him. "Hey, careful." He said as we reached the second floor and I tripped because of the escalator. "Are you okay? Where's your attention ma'am?" He said holding my hand. "Thanks, ya I was just looking at the dress over there, sorry." I said smiling weirdly. We went on the second floor escalator when I realised that he was still holding my hand. Was he holding my hand thinking that I'm a kid and I'll probably trip again, or he actually wanted to hold my hand. I was thinking and tried to remove my hand when he said, "I hope it's find if I hold your hand." I blushed a little and nodded. Everyone who crossed us gave a look as we walked inside the CCD. Maybe they were jealous, but who cares. We sat down and ordered two cold coffees for ourselves.

"So how's your school going?" He asked. "It's going good, I've found great friends there, people are good to me, infact the teachers are also so good, plus that school helped me to meet you so it's good." I said. "Oh okay wow, I didn't know you had these awesome flirting skills." He said smiling and shocked at the same time. "I told you, you'll get you know me little by little." "Well I would love to." We talked and laughed while we had our coffee. I don't remember when I spoke my heart out to someone I just met. With him it didn't felt like I was talking to someone I met a week ago. I could share everything with him, about Rey, and that how much he means to me, my mom, my dad, my issues and equations with them, Siya, everything. And he would listen to all of my craps without judging me at all. This day was going so good after we finished our coffee, we went to the game zone, we played that bike race where I defeated him, we played basketball, he even won a toy panda for me from the pick up machine after 5 trials. We ate ice cream on the terrace of the mall from where I could see the whole city. I could see the sun set and the orange sky, it was so beautiful.

"Come on let's go, I have a surprise for you." He said holding my hand. "Surprise? What?" I asked. "You have to come with me for that." He said pulling my hand. "Can't you tell me here, it's so beautiful here, I don't wanna leave this view. Plus I'm tired, please." I said with a cute puppy face. "Alright, you don't have to act all cute, give me ten minutes I'll be back. Don't go anywhere." He said. "Okay." I sat there and took out my phone to click photos. "Ohh shoot!" I said in panic. My phone was in silent mode and I had ten missed calls. Two from Siya and eight from Rey. I knew I was super dead. I quickly called Rey with my fingers crossed because I knew I'm going to be yelled real bad. "Where the hell are you? I've been calling you since so long and you're not picking up. Where are you? And where's Yug? I tried his number it said not reachable. What is this behaviour, why do you have a phone when you don't answer, you stupid girl." As expected, Rey yelled at me before I could say anything. "I'm so sorry Rey, I don't know when my phone went on silent and I didn't pay attention to my phone. I'm sorry, I'm with Yug only we're at the mall, I'll be back in probably half an hour I guess." I said in a calm voice making sure he doesn't yell again. "If you're out don't you think you should check your phone, and not put it on silent. I was so worried." "I know Rey, I'm sorry. I didn't do it on purpose. Well everything okay? You called so many times." I asked. " Yes, i was just worried about you, and mom was asking when you'll be back. I'll inform her. But keep your phone on ring now, and come home soon." He said. "Yes I'll be home soon. Bye."

As soon as I finished my call with Rey, Yug came. "Hey what happened all good?" "Yes, It was Rey, my phone was on silent and I got his eight missed call so he was all worried and asked me to come home soon." I said. "Oh so should we leave?" He asked. "No, first you tell me your surprise, then we'll leave." I said looking at him. "Are you sure, you won't be late?" "No, relax." "Okay close your eyes then and don't judge because I did this in ten minutes." He said closing my eyes with hands. "I won't, I promise." I said smiling. He took me to the other side of the terrace. "Okay, I'm removing my hand, open your eyes on countdown to three. One! Two! And three." He removed his hand in excitement. I opened my eyes and it was the most beautiful surprise I could have ever get. Well no one has ever given me any kind of surprise so this "was" the most beautiful surprise. It was a beautiful set up with white curtains white sheet and cushions like a mini tent. It had bright lights all over it. He had a romantic song named "Dil Diyan Gallan" from a bollywood movie played in the background. It was the most romantic set up I had ever seen.

"Did you like it?" He asked standing behind me. "Liked? Yug this is beautiful. I've seen these kind of set ups only in romantic movies. I loved it. How did you do this in such short time?" I asked turning to him. "Well having known ones everywhere helps sometimes." He said with a wink. He held my hand and asked, "May I have a dance?" I looked at him smiled and said, "Yes." He held me, one hand on the waist other holding my one hand, I kept my other hand on his shoulder. We looked at each other and danced. The song, the set up, the dance, it was all so beautiful. The view from the terrace and the cold breeze was like cherry on the cake. We danced until the song ended and suddenly he went on his knees took out a red rose and said, "Kayra, you're the most beautiful girl I've ever met, and I don't think I'll ever want to meet anyone else. Kayra I love you and I never want to stop loving you. Will you be my girlfriend, until I make you my wife?" Not a single word was coming out of my mouth at that time. I couldn't believe I could have something this beautiful. "Okay you're scaring me. Can you please say something?" He said looking at me. "I love you Yug." I said moving towards him taking the rose he let out for me. He held my hand, leaned forward and kissed me.

                                   •••

                         Author's Note:

Hello readers, I know it was a long break, but from now on you'll be getting your new chapters every weekend positively. I hope you liked the proposal and are wishing if you would have get one like that, well I am wishing that. Haha.
With new chapters, new events are waiting to be released.
So stay tuned, also do like and share if you enjoyed it.

This is a fictional story with fictional characters, the pictures and audios used are not mine so the credit goes to the respective owners. This story is my imagination and I don't allow anyone to copy it or adapt it in any other language.
Also kindly spare me the grammatical mistakes as it's my first time in writing area.

Thankyou.
Aditi Sinha