CHAPTER II : High School Stuff

"Okay I wasn't nervous before, but I am now." I said to Rey. "What? Why nervous come on its just a school." He taunted. "Ya co-ed school! You know I've always been in an all girls school, what if the boys are mean to me or they mistreated me? You know how bad I am when it comes to picking boys." Ya that's why I've came here to drop you so that everybody knows that you've got a big brother who'll kill them if they touched you. Rey said without a blink. Yes, that's my brother charming, calm, handsome, but when it comes to me, he gets into his all that big brother protective mode. You see BROTHERS!! "Okay big brother, gotcha you don't need to get in your all beast mode." I said laughing. "Come now, get in or else you'll be late. Good luck baby sis." Thanks Rey. I said waving him bye and entering the school.

"Hii, can you tell me which way is the Economics class, I'm new and it's my first day." I asked the reception person. " Yes sure, take a straight and then the first left, that's your class. Good luck." She answered with a smile. Thankyou. I reached the class and found myself a vacant seat in the third row beside a girl. She was a very pretty girl, she had the most sweetest smile. Everything about her was so polite. She wore a red top and a black jeans. I wish if I was even ten percent as beautiful as her. Gosh! "Hi, I'm kayra." I said to her "Hii, I'm Siya, are you new here? Haven't seen you before." She asked. 'Yes, it's my first day today." "Oh nice, don't worry I'll help with the high school stuff here, I'm from this same school." "Thanks, I was so nervous about being a new one here." I said smiling. The class began, and we started studying.

Hey, Kayra? I heard Siya calling my name. Hey! I turned around and waved. "Are you heading somewhere? I wanted you to meet some of my friends." Siya said pointing to some girls standing behind her. "No, I was just looking for the administration office, I had some work." "Oh, I'll help you out. I told you, you can ask me anything I'll be there, but first meet them." Siya said holding my hand. Ive never had very good friends around, but when I met Siya I knew I've found one now.

Weeks passed by, Siya and I spend most of the time together in school, in fact we sat together in the class. Almost all the teachers knew our names, no not for good things but for always talking and laughing in the class. Offcourse that's when you know you guys are best friends. After a month it was our school's annual fest, and since I was a good dancer I was asked to perform in the fest so Siya and I decided to perform together. We selected two songs and thought to have a mashup. We decided to visit each other's house for practice twice a week. Offcourse my parents weren't much happy. "I thought we've send you school to study, but here you are again with all this dance and music." Mom said. "Your mother is right you're in High school now you need to focus on your studies more than these dances." Dad joined. "I do study, it's the teachers who've asked us to perform." I said with anger. In all of this conversation I forgot that Siya was right there sitting in my room hearing almost everything. "And can we not do this now? There's a friend of mine sitting inside." I said. "What's wrong? What happened now?" Rey came back home after his classes and asked. "Nothing Rey it's just my friend's here for practice and i was just asking mom to prepare some snacks." I said with a forced smile. "Oh okay. I'll be in my room, I've got to complete my assignment." Rey said and went to his room. We prepare the song and complete our choreography on it. On the next day we showed our dance to the faculty members and they loved it.

Two days before the fest, I went to Siya's place for a final practice. "I'm so tired now, can we just practice tomorrow? I can't dance anymore." Siya said lying on her bed. " Okay fine! Even I'm tired now." I replied.
As we were lying on the bed Siya took her phone out and starting scrolling through her messages and suddenly said, "hey I completely forgot to tell you." Tell me, what? I asked surprised. "Actually there's this friend of Manish who was asking me about you." Manish was her boyfriend from past three years. "About me?" I asked. "Yes, he saw your picture in my phone and really liked you, so he was asking if you would meet him?" Meet? A boy? I've never done that, I didn't know what to say. "What, I don't know." I said bit hesitated. "He's a really nice guy, infact he's like a brother to me. Atleast meet him once, there's no harm in meeting people is it? Come on. Promise he won't bite" Siya said laughing. I wasn't sure if i should meet someone unknown like that, I mean what if Rey gets to know about it and he gets angry. The only person I'm scared of is my brother no matter how much cool he is he won't spare any guy who's involved with me. After alot of requests by Siya I agreed. "Umm okay I'll meet him, but you have to be with me all the time. Promise you won't go anywhere else." I asked. "Yes don't worry I'll be there with you, he'll be there with Manish. It'll be like a double date." She said excited. "Date? Excuse me? What date? It's not a date, I'm just meeting him cause he's your friend." I said irritated. " Ya ya I know sorry. Siya smirked. "And by the way what is your friend's name?" I asked. Yug, he's name is Yug Singh.

                                    •••

                         Author's Note:
Hello readers, I hope you're excited to know more about our male lead Yug Singh. What does Yug had to serve in Kayra's life?
With new chapters, new events are waiting to be released.
So stay tuned, also do like and share if you enjoyed it.

This is a fictional story with fictional characters, the pictures and audios used are not mine so the credit goes to the respective owners. This story is my imagination and I don't allow anyone to copy it or adapt it in any other language.
Also kindly spare me the grammatical mistakes as it's my first time in writing area.

Thankyou.
Aditi Sinha