A Tale Involving a Tree

"I'm here now, Tree. Let's talk."

.

.

.

Many Years Ago

A young Yang, Ruby and Asher are sleeping as Summer reads them a story. Ruby and Asher share the same bed.

"A door opens for Alyx at the tree." Summer reads. "Before she went back home, the girl had a great many questions to ponder. After all the lessons she learned and the friends she made, and lost." Summer flips the page.

Summer continues to read

Summer continues to read. "Who had she become? Would she still be the same Alyx when she went back home? The leaves of the tree rustled and on the wind, Alyx heard one more question. 'What are you?'"

.

.

Jaune, Weiss, Blake and Yang are riding on Juniper as it hops out of the building and runs towards the tree.

"I don't understand." Jaune says. "Alyx. The Paper Pleasers. Now Ruby. Asher's run off to gods knows where. What's this place want?"

Juniper stops as they reach just outside of what used to be the Paper Pleasers village. Everyone jumps off and looks out to the lake between them and the tree.

Jaune looks out to the tree as it reflects in his eyes. "I don't understand." Weiss walks up to him and puts a hand on his shoulder. "What did I do wrong."

"We can figure this out." Weiss states. "There's got to be a way to get to the tree, who knows, maybe Asher found a way there. He was good at doing some impossible things."

"Hello there." A voice says and everyone looks towards it. "You appear upset." A crystal star walks up to them, with a basket in its 'hand'. "Would you be so kind as to tell how I can help?"

The star grabs a few berries from its basket and holds them out

The star grabs a few berries from its basket and holds them out. "Perhaps you are hungry?"

"Huh?" Jaune shakes his head. "No, that's okay?"

The star puts the berries back. "If I can get you anything else, please don't hesitate to ask. That's what I'm here for."

"What? What are you?"