Lost Epilogue

Standing in front of a memorial we see Winter, with Willow and Whitley a few paces behind her. A sword rests on Winter's back.

Teams EIRN, SSSN, CFVY, Meh, RRD, and QRFJM all stand behind Winter. Shade Academy rests in the distance

Winter narrates. "We finally accepted that you aren't coming back. It should've been me not you, not penny."

In the back Donut is crying as he cries to wipe his tears away, but they just keep coming. Simmons is covering his eyes with his arm, tear dripping from underneath. Grif is just looking away, his fists clenched. 

"I was the one who stayed at Ironwood's side for far far too long." Winter narrates as everyone starts to leave. "I was the one who let the staff fall into Salem's hands. Because of me, Penny is gone. Forever."

Then we see Qrow, pushing a cart full of bread, as Willow walks beside him. People rests against the hallway. Two people fight in the background

"You were the one who believed in people. Had faith that he could be good."

Willow starts handing out some bread to people.

"Whitley and Mother have worked hard to make amends. To fit in."

Willow takes a shaky breath.

"One step at a time." Qrow whispers as he pushes the cart past her.

The two continue moving on, Winter slowly follows them.

"But no amount of determination or hard work, will change where we find ourselves now."

Willow hands some bread to a pair of hungry kids.

"Filthy Schnees'!" A female yells. "Not so high and mighty now, are you?" A couple of people hold her back. "What's it like living at our level?"

"I'm..." Willow stands up, and Qrow puts a hand on her shoulder. "I'm sorry."

Qrow puts a hand up. "We're leaving, okay?"

Willow and Qrow leave, but Winter remains. Everyone clears the scene and Winter slowly follows, with a sad look.

People talk amounngst themselves, about leaving.

"What do you do, when there's no hope left?" Winter sighs. "You would know what to do, sister. You we're the true heir to the Schnee name."

Winter stands in front of the memorial, with Winter and Whitley behind her.

"You, Asher, and your friends. You did everything you did everything you could to save the world." Winter puts a hand on the grave. You would be so disappointed in us."

"Whitley, you really should cover up." Willow says to her son.

"No." Whitley replies. "I won't hide forever."

A ship flies down to them and Willow and Whitley look up to see Klein. 

"Klein!" Whitley smiles and runs over to the landing ship.

Willow smiles, but stops as she looks back at the sad Winter. Winter moves away from the Memorial, revealing a "Don't Come Back." Written on it.

"Maybe it's for the best, that you didn't have to see this Weiss."

Time passes and Qrow returns to the grave and wipes dust off the grave.

"Call me crazy, but I'm feeling a little optimistic about things." Qrow states. "Go figure. Don't get me wrong it's bad. In fact, it's probably never been worse." 

Qrow returns to Shade.

"And yet, you can still see the good in small things." Qrow narrates. "In acts of kindness, people try to atone for past things. Like an oasis int he desert." Someone trips next to Qrow, but he catches the man before he hits the ground. "It's all a matter of perspective."

Qrow walks off.

"An old friend taught me that." Qrow puts a hand over the clover pin he's wearing.

Qrow sees Fiona playing with a couple of kids, before walking off. And he finds Robyn.

"What was so important that I needed to come all the way down here?" Qrow asks Robyn.

"Can't spend all your time taking meetings in shame." Robyn states. She starts to walk away. "Come on."

Robyn leads Qrow somewhere.

"Is this one of those, 'just wait it's a surprise', things?" Qrow asks. "I'm not really uh..."

"Just shut up a second." Robyn interrupts. "Here." He motions in front of them.

Qrow looks ahead and goes speechless.

In front of him is a mural of Ruby and Asher, With the words "Remember their Message." Written around it. Asher and Ruby are both smiling.

Qrow continues to narrate. "Things might be bad. But my biggest regret is that none of you are here, to see the good that you started."

Qrow tears up and puts a hand over his mouth. Robyn puts a hand on his shoulder.

Suddenly shadows cover them and they look up.

Then we see Qrow leaning on a railing.

"Because you did start something."

Qrow gets off the railing and walks away, only for a red portal to open up behind him and he turns around.

Raven walks out of the portal and a few seconds after, is out Everafter crew. Raven looks at Qrow and smiles.

Jaune, Ruby, Asher, Yang, and Weiss all look up and see Amity stadium and the airships. 

Asher and Ruby smile as they see all the ships.

"Wow." Ruby and Asher mutter.

"You sent a message." Qrow calls out to them and they all look back. "And the world answered."

Oscar, Nora, Ren, Donut, Grif and Simmons walk into the area.

"Hey Qrow, are you coming to the meeting-?" Nora stops as they all turn and see the Everafter crew.

Donut starts to tear up, even Simmons and Grif do.

Asher smiles at everyone. "Salutations!"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

07-07-2023

(This was the cut scene from Volume 9. Which will be brought into Volume 10.)