S2-30✩ We are Screwed! Strike of the Student Council President, Igarashi Ken

Igarashi was annoyed.

That Sunday night, an anonymous fake account uploaded a short video to the social media and tagged Den City High School's page. Within just a few hours, that video spread across the student chat groups and by the time it reached him, its views count had reached 15.3k, had 764 comments, and was already shared 880 times. It was a 30-second amateur video of two boys, fighting until a man stopped one of them from throwing his second punch.

"Fujiki Yusaku of the Duel Club and the transfer student, Homura Takeru." He clucked his tongue.

In that video, there was nothing on those two that could identify them as students from his school, but because the uploader tagged the school's page, he was worried it would sully its reputation. The fact that it somehow quickly went viral was also a problem. There was actually an explanation for that; when Igarashi read the comments, he learned that the viewers noticed there was also a certain girl besides those boys in that video and that made them make up their own story: that those two were fighting over her in a love triangle squabble. Some netizens just loved adding their own twists to any content they found online to 'spice things up,' and some other netizens would just blindly believe them without caring about what actually happened. As long as they were entertaining, people would buy any story and share it.

What utter nonsense.

As the Student Council president, of course Igarashi had to solve this before it went out of hand, so on the very next lunch break, he held an emergency meeting with the other Student Council members... strangely, without inviting Mirai, and instead of her, the two main cast of that video were present with them in the room. The vice-president, Mizuno, merely gave a side eye glance while Igarashi continued glaring daggers at them after that video ended playing.

"Well? Any of you could very well start explaining now."

When he heard Igarashi's demand, Takeru nervously gulped a lump in his throat as he found himself failing to think of a response. It wasn't because he was unnerved by Igarashi. He was actually more pressured by the fact that not only was he the cause of Yusaku's swollen cheek, but he also dragged him into this mess. This morning, Shima showed him that problematic video and said Takeru 'screwed up real bad' because the Student Council had effectively marked him and Yusaku and they should get ready to be punished. Shima also told him that since the Student Council basically held the highest authority within school, their punishment could literally be anything, even dropping out, so he should try his best to apologize. Still, knowing that didn't seem to make him immune to nervousness.

"There is nothing to explain," Yusaku's calm voice echoed in the quiet room, directing all attention towards him. The emerald green-eyed boy stared back into Igarashi's intimidating eyes, which now were focusing on him, as he continued, "Those boys in the video are indeed us. We had a fight over... some private matters, so I will really appreciate it if the Student Council will spare us from giving out the details."

Igarashi's eyes narrowed. "Is that so? Then whatever these 'private matters' were, you thought it was a wise idea to have them displayed publicly?"

"We've never thought of it that way and we also didn't expect a passerby would record us."

"Yeah! It happened so suddenly. We're very sorry for the ruckus we've caused, Senpai!" Takeru, who had collected his composure, chimed in as he bowed down, with Yusaku reflexively following after his lead.

".....Hmph. Whether you are sorry or not, the existence of this video still smears our school's name," Igarashi retorted. "How will you two take responsibility for that? In case you don't know this already, our school is not against the idea of dropping out problem students. Because it won't hurt us at all to lose one or two of our less-talented students, especially freshmen with no notable achievements. It actually stands well with me, since I always prefer to nip a problem in the bud."