S3-51✩ Invitation to the Other Side: Prelude to Madness

-Late night, after the conclusion of the war between humanity and the Ignis-

A couple of hours had passed since Ai and Playmaker defeated Bohman, and now the lone AI had left his partner's side and returned to the barren land that he used to call home. After arriving at the old Cyberse World, Ai only sat on his crossed legs and for the first time ever, zoned out completely. For an Ignis like him that had his entire body made out of data and had to compute all the time, to stop thinking almost meant like he had thrown away his life, but his instinct told him that it was okay to rest like a human for now. It was also his human-like instinct that urged him to make graves for his fallen Ignis friends; because he knew humans would do that to honor important people that passed away and ensure they would be remembered.

...Right, only humans would do that, so he decided to adopt a human form before he started working on the graves. He actually had already prepared his human form since he split up with Yusaku after they won the duel against Revolver but had been keeping it from him, because the first thing that he wanted to do after rebuilding his home was to surprise him by appearing in a form similar to his before bringing him there.

With a snap of fingers, Ai's body glowed white, transforming like a person who was logging in to LINK VRAINS. After the light faded, he manifested a full-body mirror in front of him and smiled thinly at his reflection. He now had long, spiky black and golden hair with violet bangs and pink accents covering his forehead. He decided to make himself appear taller and slightly older than Yusaku so that the boy would take him more seriously. For his outfit, he wanted to look elegant like a noble from the past but still belong in the current era at the same time, so to accommodate it, he donned a black vest over a purple tuxedo shirt, a black cravat with a big red jewel, a long black coat with imitation epaulettes, pants, and finally boots. Overall, he was satisfied with his appearance, but when he looked at his face again he thought something was missing there... then he recalled Revolver and thought he'd look good wearing earrings. Revolver might be the enemy of Ignis but that didn't mean he couldn't steal his look now, did it? He instantly created a pair of earrings in the shape of his Ignis form head and wore them on his ears, completing his setup.

Ai turned to his left side, closed his eyes and started to concentrate. As he spread his hands to the air, blue and purple data material poured out from between his fingers and created five tombstones in front of him. He pointed at them one by one, engraving symbols and words on their smooth surfaces with his index finger.

 He pointed at them one by one, engraving symbols and words on their smooth surfaces with his index finger

"Here lies Windy, a tragic victim of naivety. May you rediscover peace under the influence of no one."

"Here lies Flame, with eternally burning passion, guided his friends through thick and thin."

"Here lies Aqua, whose purity inspired others to act on their own convictions."

"Here lies Earth, stiff he might be, but his loyalty was proud and immovable."