Dangerous - Paul (Twilight) Chapter Two

Dangerous - Paul

       What. The. Hell.

       My brain was clouded, what was happening? Jake was about to snap someone's neck, and I sure as hell didn't want it to be mine! After Quil threw me in my room, I decided to go back down stairs, I mean, c'mon! Did they really expect me to stay up here with no questions?

       Idiots.

       Since I was basically a criminal, I picked the lick and yanked the door open and ran down the stairs. My dad's wheel chair was going full speed out the front door. "Dad? What's happening?!" I screamed as I came his direction.

      He didn't look up at me, just took off into the front yard where there were these giant wolves. And I seriously mean GIANT when I say GIANT! "Holy shit!" I screeched at the sight of them. One of them had russet-colored fur and the other was an auburn color. Their teeth were snapping viciously at each other's snout.

       "Tyler? Get inside the house now!" my father urged. As if, old man! Not that easy.

       "No! What the f.u.c.k. is going on here?" I asked, looking him dead in the eyes. I didn't flinch like most people would have, being faced by such a wise man. He looked back, his face was stiffened with anger, but I wasn't going to break from 'the look.' I was not Jake.

       "Tyler. I'm serious, now." he pleaded with me. The russet wolf pounced on the auburn one, but the auburn one bit it's shoulder and it whined in pain. I grimaced, that had to hurt! Their teeth look like little razors in their mouth, the sun scorched my skin, and I was only on the porch. Ugh.

       "I'm serious, too. I don't take no for an answer, dad. You should know that. I want explanations. Now." I used the same tone of voice as he had. He finally sighed heavily. Defeat. I grinned while he brought himself back into the living room.

       Before I was inside, I saw a giant black wolf pounce out from the forest and tackle the russet wolf off the other one. Relief filled me and I could finally make myself go back in, somehow, I knew the fight was over. "Now, what I'm telling you, you're never to repeat to any person outside this family." he started, looking at me knowingly.

       I shuffled over to the couch and nodded to him. What I heard made me burst out with laughter, there was no way in hell that that story was true! I mean wolves, seriously? I'm not five.

       "You honestly expect me to believe that Embry, Quil, Jake, and that other guy are 'wolves?'" I made a point to do air quotes around wolves.

       "Yes, Tyler. I'm not kidding. Jake is a wolf, along with the rest of the boys. They'll all be over tomorrow for the bonfire. You'll get the whole legend tomorrow. Also, please tell me if you start feeling ill." he finished.

       I gave him the look that says "you're a crazy old man, where're your pills?' I didn't let my smart mouth get a hold of me, nope. Tyler Black was a good girl for once in her life.

       "Ah, if you still don't believe me, ask them yourself, here they come now."

       And, as if they had heard the whole conversation, the boys sauntered into the living room. Jake still had a murderous look on his face, but his ego has died off a little. The other guy, who I felt weird about, entered after him with a dude who looked to be in his 20s. Jake came and sat down beside me on the couch. The other guys went and sat on the other couch.

       "Where're Quil and Embry?" I asked randomly.

       "They went back home, didn't wanna be in this conversation." Jake's gruff voice answered from beside me. I cocked an eyebrow at him.

       I took a deep breath and looked at his troubled face. Then I finally figured out what he was talking about. Shit. "Ah, crap! Please tell me you're crapping me! Wolves?" I declared. He just shook his head slowly, his eyes never leaving mine.

       "Tyler, this is Sam Uley," my father announced, seeing me and Jacob's looks, "and Paul." he finished, pointing to the younger guy.

       Paul's face had a tinge of anger, he and Jacob didn't dare make eye contact. "Hello, Sam, Paul. I'm Tyler, Jacob's sister. What's going on? I'm a little confused, this wolf thing CAN'T be true." I urged them both, thinking maybe one of them will pinch me and I'd wake up from this odd dream.

       "Well, I'm sorry to have to say, but it's true. Every word of it. I'm a wolf, so are Sam and Jake. You might, too. We don't know, so yeah. We transform into wolves only if some blood-suckers are around." Paul's smooth, dark voice reasoned with me. I was almost hypnotized by it, but I had to hold my ground.

       But I gave in, there seriously isn't any way I want to argue all night about something stupid. I only argue when I want. And I've had enough of that crap now.

       "So, let's say this wolf thing is real, I am not a wolf, thus, I'm not really in this matter." I said, looking at him. He was dark, built, and handsome. I'd never seen anyone who'd ever caught my eye as much as him. Which I find really strange. He looked a little shocked. "Yeah, get used to the mouth bud."

       I was getting up to go to my room, when Jake finally ended his silence. "Yes, you are. You're a big part in this, actually. Sam, explain to her." I actually forgot Sam was even there! Oops! I was so distracted with Paul, I forgot he was there. Personally, too quiet, if you ask me.

       "Okay, Jake. Tyler, it appears as if you've imprinted with Paul..." And in that instant, Jake's face turned with malicious look to it. I actually heard a growl rip out from his throat. WTF?!

       In my brain, I time traveled back to the seventh grade, where I learned about imports. It's when an animal forms a bond with something. Wait! What does that mean between two people? Am I actually bonded to him? Are these crack heads forreal?!

       "Holy. Mother. Of. Donkey. Kong. Are you effin with me? If so, that's so not cool man! Not at all, dude!" Jake tensed, but looked me straight in the eyes and growled. I'll take that as a yes!

       "So, let me get this shiz straight. Our souls are connected? That means that we're soul mates, as in together FOREVER?" I panicked. Forever? That's a long time! I'll never go on another date again!

       "That's all correct." my father interjected. I just glared at the floor.

       "Well, at least you're not Quil or Embry." I grinned.

***

A/N: sooo how y'all like it so far? Thanks for all the comments and views and rates! I hope I made my mark in a couple of people's libraries. :D lol well, anyway, I'll update asap! Just give me some ideas, my brain juice has run a little low in the past week!

Love
Jay-Bird :0)

Songs:

Heartless - Kanye West

Obsessed - Mariah Carey