Chapter 40

Yujin released a breath she's been holding and look at the oblivious eyes of her father in front of her. Her mother, Ahn Eunjin, noticed the sudden rise in tension with how Yujin looked like she had something serious to tell them.

               Yujin cleared her throat before speaking, "Do you have something to say to us, Dad?". The man had a confused look on his face as he pondered what his daughter meant. "What do you mean? Jinnie, aren't you the one who said that you have something to tell your mother and I?", Yujin's Dad questioned with a light chuckle but soon stopped when he saw the look his daughter is giving him.

                 "Are you hiding something from us, Dad?", Yujin continued to question, hinting something with how she said the word 'hiding'. Yujin's Dad was not the only one who's feeling lost in this conversation but also Yujin's Mom who's worriedly looked at her daughter. "Is there something wrong? Hon? Jinnie?", the woman asked as she looked back and forth between her husband and her daughter.

"Hon... I do-"

"Are you having an affair, Dad?"

                 Both parents were shocked at the question dropped by Yujin. Yujin was just looking at her father intently, seeing him flustered at her question. "What? Ahn Yujin, what are you talking about?", Her father asked back at her, trying to keep himself calm.

                "I'm giving you a chance to admit to it now, Dad", Yujin uttered, hoping that her father would be honest to them now. She glanced at her Mom and saw her looking at her Dad with anxious eyes, waiting for him to answer.

                 "Youngjae-ah, are you cheating on me?", Eunjin asked shakily as she was on the verge of crying. "No-no... Dear, I'm not", the said man answered defensively but it was obvious to Yujin that he's lying.

                 "I knew you'd say that so I got some evidences", Yujin said as she got her phone out from her pocket, tapping on her gallery and selected a certain picture before letting it down the table to show her parents.

                 The two were once again shocked, especially Eunjin who looked at the picture intently, denying what she's seeing. Youngjae cannot come up with a word to say as he feels sweat starting to form on his forehead.

"Eu-Eunjin-ah... I-"

                   "Is this true? Are you really cheating on me?", Eunjin cuts off her husband as she pointed at the picture displayed on her daughter's phone, tears welling up in her eyes. Yujin watched with sad eyes as she sees her mother slowly getting broken.

                    "I-I'm sorry... I'm really sorry", Youngjae lets out as he kneeled and bring his head down, unable to look at his family. This made tears finally fall from Eunjin's eyes. Yujin saw the state of her mother and felt the urge to come to her and say that this was all a big joke or a prank. That this family is doing more than fine. That everything is well with them. But she can't.

                    "How long?", Eunjin asked, voice vulnerable as her hands started shaking on her lap. "Almost half a year", Yujin's Dad muttered guiltily as he continued to avoid their stares, just staring down on his clasped hands. This statement shocked Eunjin, and even Yujin, as they didn't expect that he was lying to them for that long already.

"I'm sorry... Dear- I'm.."

                   "Is there something wrong with me? Do you not love us anymore? How could you do this to us? To your daughter?", Eunjin questioned as she sobs, covering her face with her hands. This was when Yujin decided to sit next to her mother and consoled her. She too is having a hard time but she thought that she should be stronger in this situation.