Chapter 18: Surprises & I Love You's

Hey lovelies!!! O.M.G over 14,000 reads... THANK YOU!! Here's the newest chapter, I hope you all enjoy it and remember to comment-vote-fan!! :) Be sure to check out my other story, "Because You Live" :)

Much Love, Brittany xx

**Louis’ POV**

My alarm went off early the following morning and I groaned as I swung my arm over to the clock to turn it off wondering why I had set it so bloody early. Then I remembered… I was going to the airport with the lads to see Kim and Christy off… they were leaving today.

Staring at the ceiling for a moment I took a deep breath. I wouldn’t cry… no… I needed to be strong for Chriss. We would make it through it. Everything would be okay.

Collecting my thoughts I pushed out of bed and shuffled to the bathroom and turned on the taps. Before long steam began to fill the room from the hot water and I slipped in. After a quick shower I dried off and pulled on a pair of black skinny jeans and a blue button up. Slipping on a pair of TOMS, I grabbed my jacket and keys then headed out the door.

The drive over to the hotel seemed to go quicker than normal but the ride up in the lift to their floor seemed to take an eternity. I exited the lift and walked down the hall to find Liam standing outside their door leaning against the wall.

“Hey Li, what are you doing out here?” I asked coming to a halt in front of him.

“Couldn’t bring myself to knock, haven’t gotten much sleep, been thinking about Kim leaving, worried it isn’t going to last.” Liam said resting his head back against the wall and staring up at the ceiling.

“Look mate, I know it’s going to be hard, but we can do this. Everything is going to be okay. You love her don’t you?” I asked placing my hand on his shoulder.

“Of course!” he answered standing up straighter.

“Then you don’t have anything to worry about. She is crazy about you Li.” I said offering him and tight mile and shoulder squeeze before letting go and knocking on the door.

I heard him sigh behind me just as the door opened revealing Christy with her hair tied in a messy bun.

“Hey guys!” she said motioning for us to come inside.

The penthouse looked bare without their jackets and shoes in sight. Their suitcases were next to the door; packed and ready to go. Kim was lounging on the sofa with a Starbucks latte in one hand and cell phone in the other. Upon seeing Liam she hoped up, setting the items down, and hurried to hug him.

I swear I saw tears glitter in my friends eyes but he simply sighed and pushed them away.

“Are you…” I started and my voice cracked a little from my emotion high. Clearing my throat I started again. “Are you ready to go?” I asked quietly.

“Yeah, I think so.” Christy said looking around the space. Crossing her arms she shivered as though cold and then turned to me, “It feels so empty without our stuff.” She said with a light laugh.

I smiled and reached for her hand, “We better get going Love, don’t want you to miss your flight.”

My voice wavered and she gave me a sad smile and nodded. “You’re right…”

Sighing she walked over to her suitcases with me in tow and took hold of one of the handles. When we had first met they had arrived with one large suitcase each, now there were two for each of them. Apparently they had done a bit of shopping on their own.

I reached out and took hold of the other suitcase and waited for Kim and Liam to get hers. Casting one final look around the penthouse we walked out of the room pulling the door closed behind us for the last time.