Chapter 10: Hidden Skeletons and Loving Me

Don't forget to like and comment on this chapter and follow me! I really appreciate it!
- SweetDumplingss

Chapter 10: Hidden Skeletons and Loving Me
Damon

"Thanks," Nevaeh smiled. Her eyes landed on the camera in my hands with my strap around my neck. "Oh, you brought your camera?"

"Yeah, I am the photographer for the show." I raised my camera up slightly to showcase the correlation.

"Oh," she nodded her head. "That's good. You've always loved photography. It's great you are making a career out of it." Neveah had known my love for photography before anyone else. Before, I was so focused on trying to become a medical student. Because I was trying to be a medical student, I was always sad. Depressed actually.

I took the moments of bliss, capturing pictures to relieve some of the stress I was going through at the time. It was the way I was able to capture a lens that can be perceived differently. It was intentional and unintentional that caught my attention. It was not until recently I decided to make it a career. I stopped pursuing science in school, changed my classes, and pursued photography.

I would say I was going well, considering my father was no help to this progress.

"Well, not that you need to rely on taking photos. You have a whole company dedicated to cameras," she added, still keeping her soft smile which added warmth in my chest.

"Yeah," I walked closer to her, and we began to walk side by side. "So, where are you headed?"

"Probably home. I just need to go upstairs to get something," she replied. We were in front of an elevator. Neveah hit the bottom and leaned against the wall. "Shouldn't you be continuing taking pictures?"

"I'm not missing much." The elevator opened, and I gestured my hand to allow Neveah to go first.

Once we were in the elevator, there was a lot of silence at first. We still stood side by side, almost shoulder to shoulder. I broke the silence. "Are you really considering doing the competition?"

"Yeah, I think I'm really going to do it."

"Why?"

"Wow, I don't know, I think. Maybe I just want to have fun?" she awkwardly laughed. Before I asked anything else, the lights abruptly turned off.

I quickly reached out for my phone, using it as a flashlight. I looked at Nevaeh who was confused about what had happened. She didn't look scared yet which I was relieved about since she was terrified of the dark. I glanced at the top of the door and noticed that the numbers didn't shift from two to three. I flipped my cell phone, trying to text Jess. But no signal. "Do you have your phone?"

Nevaeh shook her head. Both of ours hand's reached the help button but collided midway. Her touch sent electricity into my body. She pulled her hand away, causing to tune back into the situation we were in. Stuck in a elevator.

"Shit," I said, pressing the "press for help" button. "Hello? Can anyone hear me?"

"Yes, what seems to be the problem?" the speaker said.

"Elevator is down. We're stuck."

"Oh god, we'll try to get you out as soon as we can."

This was a fantastic add-on to my day. I glanced over at Nevaeh who seemed to be avoiding my presence. Though it was hard due to the unavoidable proximity. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah," she said as she slid down and laid her back against the elevator wall.

"Really," I mirrored her motions, eventually sitting right next to her. "I've noticed something off about you for a couple of weeks now," I admitted.