Chapter 4: Expectations

Hello! Happy update! Hope you are well. I will be able to update frequently because I got to ahead of myself and wrote a lot of pre-chapters *nervously laughs*
Just a friendly reminder, please vote and comment on this story, it is appreciated! Follow me for further updates.
-SweetDumplingss
____________
Chapter 4: Expectations
Damon

"I'm always a good girl," Nevaeh said. She had this playfulness in her eyes, matched with a mischievous smile. Her diction made my mind go to all types of sinful places.

Nevaeh seemed different. I wasn't sure if it was either good or bad. All I knew was that she seemed and looked good. She wore a nicely fitted dress that accentuated her waist. Her outfit and her playfulness had me thinking of things I shouldn't be thinking about. Like what was underneath her dress. She swung her hip to the side, on the other side of the pole.

She was still the most beautiful woman I have ever seen. Her features were soft; she had two-toned plump lips, skin of rich soil, big amber eyes that were framed perfectly with long, curled lashes. Beautiful, like an angel.

I moved closer to her but never too close. Close enough to pick up on her sweetly scented perfume. "Well, to answer your question, I do, but only in the shower," I said. She rolled her eyes, shaking her head. "Back to you dancing—" I tried to divert the attention off of me.

"To be honest, I hadn't really danced since college." Her eyes seemed distant as she said this. Like, she was somewhere else for a bit. It was strange how Nevaeh dropped out of Juilliard. She didn't seem the type to do bad.

"I don't know. Let's not get into it. It doesn't really bother me," she said, picking at the tip of her nails. She was lying. Whenever Nevaeh picked at her nails, she was lying.

"I know how important dance is for you."

"You mean it was for me? Ever since my dad died, I just haven't been able to make the same steps," she confessed with a little gleam in her eyes. Nevaeh's dad taught her how to dance. He was her first dance instructor.

Nevaeh loved dancing. Last year, her father died. It seemed her love for dancing was buried with him. I went to the funeral, and I never comforted her. I just watched. I regretted not doing so.

"I'm sorry. I just keep thinking about everything that happened." About five years ago, I did something horrible. I did things I regretted, and I think Nevaeh was hurt by it. I did have a good reason. It was just how I went about it that was wrong. I didn't get the chance to explain myself. Nevaeh ignored me for a day and left without a word. Just like that our summer story ended bitterly. She went off to college, changed her number, and only showed back occasionally. The only time I saw her was during her father's funeral. I was still upset that she didn't give me a chance to explain myself, so I didn't comfort her at her father's funeral. A jerk move, I know. I wouldn't be surprised if Nevaeh took that as an opportunity to shun me out of her life for good.

"Don't worry, it's fine." She rubbed her arms with her hands, slightly inching her body towards me. "Enough about me, how about you? How has life been?" There she went again, avoiding the talk. But I finally got Nevaeh to talk to me, so I didn't want to push her too much.

"You know, nothing really special. I got a job, I'm on my own." I've been on my own for about a year now. It wasn't always easy, but I learned to adapt.

"Nothing special? You own a company. That's better than most people our age. But then again, not everyone has daddy's money."

"Listen—it's crazy, but I don't really rely on them. They just paid for my car and tuition." I did come from money. I couldn't lie about that. But I was trying to not rely on my parents, because parents' money equated to more problems, more of their rules.