Chapter 67

So sorry I was nearly finished before I reset my phone. But like it erased everything including my next update. So I had to hurry up and write it. But here it is.

Also I'm so sorry for my lack of motivation, I've been having writers block. Idk why I want to update but like it's hard to even continue.

Mizuki's POV

I jolted awake at the familiar nightmare in my head. It was the day of the marine ford.

My breathing was uneven as the event had now become reoccurring. The unbearable pain that warped my whole body.

"You shouldn't be sleeping on the hard ground like that"I hear Fukutoshi mutters. Flipping my head up to see her with hands on her hips.

"I had nowhere else to go"I say. "Now that I've stirred some trouble in town"

She sighed.

"Follow me"She says walking off. I got up following Fukutoshi.

It was far away from the village.

"How come I've never even seen this side of the village?"I asked confused.

"That's cause it wasn't a forest before"She says. "It only grew cause of the near extinction from the fires and rubble, waterbenders came to help us"

"Wow it's beautiful"I say. Soon we came to what look like a door to a courtyard. That had a beautiful garden.

It was like on its own island as the water streamed by.

"Oh Marima you're home"A tall man with beautiful long, natural hair. Looking at me. "And you are?"

"This is Mizuki father"She says. I bow respectfully.

"Mizuki? I've heard of that name before"He says. His eyes widened. "As in Avatar Mizuki?!"

The sound of pottery shattered making us look to another woman that looked older.

"Avatar Mizuki?!"She says in awe.

"Uh yeah?"I say casually. Before I could explain I was grabbed by the hem.

"You have some nerve coming back here?! Can't you see what's happened since you've been gone?!""The lady shouted at me shoved me back in fourth. "Nothing but snobby, ungrateful, nobles have taken over this country since their was no protecter!"

"Mother!"Fukutoshi growls.

"What why'd you bring this monster, she's no hero?! Send it back!"She says making me flinch in fright. I felt my body shook at the memories playing of that day.

"Don't worry I'll send myself back"I say beginning to turn away.

"You're not leaving"Fukutoshi says standing in the way.

"This was the reason I left"I say. "I tried to so hard to do my job to protect everyone, they turned against me, instead of saying thank you, they called me the symbol of a monster"

With that I left going back to the temple, but that was when my path was blocked.

"Don't go"Which sounded more desperate.

"Why?"I asked. "I'm not welcome, just like before"

I walked off back to the temple. When I made it I went to the top of the staircase.

With a sigh I sit down thinking about life, how much it's just turned around.

"Guess running from your pass still comes back don't it"I mutter before burying my face in my arms, that rested on my knees. "I wonder what everyone else is doing right now"