Susan's Diner

Karol drives over to Susan's diner at the exact 5.50 pm with 10 minutes to spare, she then parked exactly right next to Brian's truck. As she was about to exit her car she quickly grabbed her iPad.

She then walks over to the truck and knocks on the passenger side of the window and it rolls down revealing Jake. Immediately, she greets them with "Hi," in a cheerful tone while waving at both brothers who wave back.

Jake then grabbed his wallet and phone while telling his brother; "I'll call you when we're finished," as he unlocked his door.

"Hey Jake, your brother can come you know. The more the merrier"

Jake turns to look at his brother and then responds; "Nah, he'll pass," on behalf of his brother who's silently looking at her with a bored expression.

Karol who couldn't let this moment slip by, tries to coax Jake; "Don't be mean Jake, I bet your brother hasn't eaten dinner yet. Am I right Jake's brother?" as she looked at Brian using her semi-puppy eye-melting both Jake and Brian's heart.

Unconsciously Brian blinked a couple of times before Jake turned to look at him again in which Brian immediately roll the window up and turn off the engine. Both brothers come down from the truck and look at Karol who's grinning from one ear to the other. 

With a happy demeanour, she march towards the restaurant with both brothers on her tail as she repeatedly said; "What should I get" till she entered the restaurant.

She without waiting for either one of them picked the table that's located at the end of the diner schedule with watchful eyes.

As soon as they take their seat, Cathy, the waitress comes with menus. She takes a quick look towards the trio before she diverts her attention towards Brian.

"Hi, welcome to Susan's diner. Oh hi Jack, hi Brian. What can I help you both tonight?".

Karol looked at Cathy whose attitude shifted. She couldn't help but look at Jake as they both make a knowing 'she's being flirty' look towards each other while Brian busily scans through the menu.

She raises her eyebrow then narrow her eyes towards Brian then looked at Jack who was doing the same thing. It's as if they talk telepathically towards each other making Brian feels left out and puzzled at them both.

All of a sudden Karol's phone rang, making both Jake and Karol startle while breaking their mind-to-mind talk.

"Hello?"

"Yes?" 

"Yea, I know"

"Didn't I tell you that you don't need to do that?"

"Listen, I'm not at home, actually I'm outside right now having dinner"

"No"

"I'm alone"

"I don't want to tell you"

"No"

"I'm gonna eat my dinner now"

"Whatever"

"No"

"Bye"

As soon as she hangs up the phone she switches off her phone and toasts it by the side a little annoyed.

"Sorry about that, so did you two order?" 

She looked around searching for the waitress to which Jake answered; "We did," at the same time Brian chips in; "I didn't want to disturb you so I order for you too, together with ours," as he smiles awkwardly.

Karol smiled at him and muttered; 'Thank you' before Jake asked in a worried tone;

"Karol. Is everything okay?"

"Oh, that? No worries. Everything okay" 

Without wasting any more time chit-chatting Brian asked; "So tell me how did you get his phone number?" straight to the point.

She smile at them and then replied; "Easy, I asked my secretary to get your details and from there I get your number," as if it was nothing crazy about that which makes Jake feel suspicious of her as he asked; 

"Why do you want my details?" 

Brian who wasn't into small talk again asked; "I smell something fishy, who are you?" as he got crept out by her smiling and calm manner while replying to their questions as if there was nothing wrong with it.

"Let's wait for our food then I'll tell you what am I doing, deal?"

Both brothers are sceptic about her as they both looked at her eyeing her as if she's a devil in disguise that will grab their souls any time. The table was awkwardly eerie for others to look yet it was nothing for her as she was used to that situation.

Yet their silent moment was cut short by an excited Karol as she announced; "There she is," while their food make its way over towards them.

Cathy then place their food one by one in their respective owner before she left them to go back to the counter and bring them their water. As soon as she finished serving them, Karol politely said;

"Cathy dear, can you call your owner here?"

With a confused and puzzled look, both brothers looked at each other and then back to her as Cathy awkwardly smile at her, 'Em, sure..?' and then went inside to get the owner of the restaurant.

As they were taking sips of their drinks, a few minutes later a middle-aged lady standing next to their table looked puzzled at them as she looked up and give the lady her infamous smile.

"I heard you call me. Is everything okay?" 

"Everything okay just that I want to see you that's all" 

The middle-aged lady looks at her as if she's a creepy person yet she tries her hardest to be professional by remaining smile and polite as she said; "Miss if you excuse me I have tons of things to do, so enjoy your meal," while her creepy feeling turns slightly irritated towards Karol who's smiling like a good kid.

The moment the middle age lady was about to turn and leave the table, Karol remain her good girl smile as he looked directly at Brian who was silently observing the situation, she then asked;

"How would I enjoy my meal if you didn't seat down with us? Could you please seat down with us?" 

The middle age lady, close her eyes tightly before turning back to look at her with a sweet expression; "Sorry I can't seat with you if there's no problem. If you excuse me I'll get back to my work" her angry tone could be heard in his voice as she slowly turns around.

Karol who noticed her change of tone, drastically drop her sweet girl attitude as she said; "Stop," as she changes her facial expression from a smiling one to a blank face.

This expression makes both brothers slightly shocked as they quietly look at the situation unfold right in front of them while a sudden shiver at her changed facial expression runs down on their spine.

With a sudden change in her expression again, she smile slightly as she said; "Mam, seat with us? I have things to discuss" which makes the middle age lady look at the three suspiciously.

Karol looked at her straight in her eyes; "Don't act so suspicious of us Madam Susan Creed Timber or should I say ex-Madam Timber?" as she smiles a little with a hint of evil.

In an instant, Jake, Brian and Susan looked at her in shock, scared, awe, and surprise as she casually drop her bomb while smirking at them all.