minjixdanielle (husseyz)

a/n:btw blinkifyouneedhell wanted this

Danielle was pissed. And honestly, she had every right to be. Minji was always away until late at night and she never told her where she was. Yeah, sure, she could be at work but that wasn't really a real possibility considering how she almost always came home smelling like alcohol. And it was one of those days. So Danielle just snapped.

"I'm done with this, Minji!" she exclaimed when Minji just walked past her, not even greeting her. Taken aback by this, Minji stopped in her tracks and slowly turned around, facing the younger.

"Done with what exactly?" she asked. When Danielle didn't answer and just heaved a sigh and hung her head low, Minji stepped closer to her, raising her voice a bit now. "Are you tired, hm, Danielle? Tired of me?"

More silence before Danielle finally spoke up. "Yes. Yes, Minji, I am tired. Tired of you? Maybe. I don't even know at this point,"

Minji had alcohol in her system and couldn't really think clearly, and in that moment she wasn't thinking about what she was saying.

"Guess what? I'm sick of this shit, Danielle! You're always trying to tell me what to do and what not to do and I don't care! I don't care about what you say, you're just getting on my ynerves anyway,"

Danielle felt hurt beyond words. She was just trying to look after the older. She never meant to try to control her or for her actions to come across as that. And maybe this was their breaking point. Perhaps they just weren't meant for each other and this would just be a lesson for the future for Danielle. Because it sure felt like that for her in this moment. She didn't want to continue like this, if she was only annoying Minji.

"Oh," was all Danielle said for a few seconds that felt like hours as they both stared at each other. Minji started to realize what she just said and regret was starting to wash over her. But it was too late. "Minji, I think we need a break,"

"No, listen-" Minji started but Danielle cut her off.

"No, you listen. We need this. Both of us, to reflect on everything and maybe get better for each other. And if we do get better, then we can decide if we want to continue this or not," Danielle said, she had already made her mind up.

"Okay, but," Minji gulped, her voice trembling as she spoke. "This isn't permanent, right? We're not breaking up, it's just a little break. We're still gonna be together, right?"

"It's not permanent, but if things go that way, we might decide to end things forever," Danielle answered.

And this stuck with Minji for weeks. It's been quite some time, and it was enough for Minji to reflect and know that she needed Danielle desperately. But the reason why the last sentence Danielle said to her stuck with her particularly was the fact that Danielle had started to hang out with Ryujin. Ryujin was very attractive and she seemed to have a thing for Danielle. Even though every girl would throw themselves at Ryujin's feet she only ever focused on Danielle ever since she saw that Minji wasn't around.

And of course, this bothered Minji to no end. She was supposed to be there with Danielle but she had to fuck it up with her. They all worked at the same place so she still saw Danielle every day, even if she wasn't living with her at the moment. She was staying at Ryujin's because the girl offered her help to her when she found out about the situation between Minji and Danielle. How kind of her.

She decided to talk to Danielle finally, after 6 weeks of being apart, she thought it was about time they made up and they started being happier together. As she was looking for Danielle around their workplace, she saw that she was with Ryujin, but now Ryujin was making a very obvious move on her.

"Come on, Dani. You know you could do so much better than her. I'm right here," upon hearing this coming from Ryujin, Minji felt furious, jealous and insecure all at the same time. What if Danielle wanted Ryujin now? But she gathered her courage instead and walked up to them, standing in front of Danielle, making Ryujin step back. She couldn't let Danielle go that easily. She needed her.

"Ryujin, can you give us a moment please?" Danielle asked Ryujin, looking at her over Minji's shoulder who was glaring at Ryujin. In response, Ryujin just nodded slowly and walked away.

"Minji, why-" Before Danielle could even finish, Minji kissed her, there in the hallways, aggressively, almost as if she was trying to prove a point.

"First of all, just because of this stupid break we were having, you're still mine," Minji said when she pulled away. "But also, I'm really sorry. Please forgive me, I know I've hurt your feelings and I never meant to do that. But this time that we spent away from each other made me realize just how much I need you and rely on you," Minji took a deep breath before continuing. "Please, please, I'm begging you, come back home. You mean everything to me, Dani, I love you so much,"

"Minji, I love you, too. Promise me you'll never say anything like that to me again. You've really hurt me. I don't wanna go through that again, because if it comes to that, it will really be the end for us," Danielle said.

"No, no, I promise, baby. Never again. I will be a better version of myself, anything for you," Minji promised, putting her right hand on her heart in a playful manner, but she had a serious expression.

"Then let's go home, babe,"