Chapter 11

Back at Edna's house, Helen is on the phone. An operator picks up.

Operator: "Insuricare."

Helen: "Oh, hello. This is Helen Parr. Bob Parr is my husband. I was wondering if you could give me the number of the hotel he's staying at? The number I have is no good."

Operator: "Mr. Parr no longer works at Insuricare."

Helen: "What do you mean? He's on a business trip. A company retreat."

Operator: "My records say his employment was terminated almost two months ago."

Krypto was standing next to Helen, listening to the call. "Terminated? Why didn't he tell her?"

Meanwhile, Mr. Incredible clicks on the Supers tab to see all the casualties. The computer begins showing the heroes who were killed by different omnidroids. Some of the heroes were able to defeat an omnidroid, but were defeated by the newer version.

Helen becomes devastated after discovering that her husband was fired.

Krypto: "Hey, it's going to be okay. I'm sure he'll explain everything."

Boulder: "That's a lot of supers!"

Demolition Bird: "No. Gazerbeam wasn't the only one."

Firefox: "How long have they been doing this?!"

They begin grieving.

Edna speaks to Helen. "So you don't know where he is. Would you like to find out?"

Krypto: "What's that?"

Silver: "What, you've never seen a homing device before?"

Mr. Incredible begins typing for heroes. He searches his wife's hero name. When Elastigirl is shown, the location read "Unknown". Mr. Incredible was relieved to see that while the others were baffled.

Armstrong: "That can't be right."

Firefox: "Try Judy."

Mr. Incredible starts typing Telekibunny. When her profile shows, her location also read "Unknown".

Boulder: "Maybe it's because you were all hiding for so long now."

Heatbeam: "Actually, maybe that's a good thing they don't know where they are. Think about it, if they knew their locations, they would send them on missions like these."

Firefox: "Oh, good point."

Mr. Incredible starts searching Frozone. His location is known. Then he searches his name. Like the many other heroes, he was declared terminated. He then searches for Project Kronos. He clicks the phases to see what it'll actually do. It will enter a rocket, fly to the city, and cause destruction. A countdown shows that the rocket will launch in 8 hours.

Firefox: "We gotta stop this thing!"

The heroes run from the computer.

Edna gives Helen the homing device. Helen presses the button to activate it. Mr. Incredible's suit begins receiving the signal and beeps loudly.

Heatbeam: "What's wrong with your suit?"

All of a sudden, lights flash on and several cannons point at them. They begin shooting tar balls at the heroes.

Armstrong: "RUN!!"

Many tar balls shoot at the heroes, tripping them. After falling down many times, the tar balls expand and cover their bodies. Mirage walks towards them.

Demolition Bird (struggling to breathe): "Help us."

Helen: (sobbing) "Oh, I am such an idiot."

Krypto: "No you're not. This isn't your fault."