Chapter 6 - Kidnapped

I woke up with another knock on the door.
"In a minute."
I quickly got dressed and tried to fix my hair. A dark feeling was starting to form in my stomach, which I guessed was the Flare too.
"Who is it?"

The person hesitated and took a deep breath. "Gally..."
He made it sound like a question.

I frowned. Why would Gally want to talk to me? "Alright. Come in." I finally said, but never forgot the fact he killed Chuck, no matter if he was possessed or whatever.

I opened the door and sat down on my bed, Gally followed. "What do you want to talk about?" I almost snapped.

Gally didn't talk for a few seconds. "Look, I know what I did, alright? I may not remember, but I know."
My breathing hitched when Gally started talking.
"I see-" Gally sighed. "I see Chuck's face every time I close my eyes."
It hit me hard when he mentioned Chuck. After all those months I still wasn't able to just talk about him without getting tears in my eyes. I just missed him so much.

"I'm not asking for forgiveness, because if I were you, I would never forgive me either. We don't have to be friends. The only thing I'm asking is to put this behind us and focus on saving Minho and you."

I was impressed by what Gally said and have to admit, he was right. "Okay." I finally said.

Gally seemed satisfied, but he didn't leave yet.
"Gally, do you remember our friendship? I mean before Thomas got up in the Box and you started acting so... weird." I said.

"Yeah, I remember. That was great."

"What happened? Why did you start acting like that?" I bit my lip and looked at Gally.

"I guess you already know I was one of the first people to come into the Glade."
I nodded in response.
"A few months after I came, I got stung."
My eyebrows furrowed. Gally got stung?

"It made me go through the Changing and remember stuff. Not so great." Gally paused again. "I remembered Thomas. He helped to build the maze. That was one of the things I caught up. And when I saw his face in the Box and he ran into the maze, I knew something was wrong. Turned out, I was the wrong one. Thomas did help build the maze, but he didn't remember that. He only tried to escape, just like everyone else."

"Okay," I nodded, trying to understand everything. "Thanks for telling me, Gally."

"Yesterday when you got angry," Gally started. A shiver went down my spine. "You mentioned something about- killing yourself," Gally said the last words very quietly.

My breathing hitched and it felt like my whole face turned pale. "Yeah."
Then I realized even Brenda and Jorge knew that I tried to kill myself. Everyone knew.

"Was that... true?" Gally carefully asked.

"I wouldn't have said it if it wasn't," I shrugged, trying to spin around the subject.

"When?"

"After the maze."

Gally's eyes opened wide. "Shit." He muttered. "Oh, god."
Confused I looked at him.
"If I didn't kill Chuck you wouldn't have-"

Now it was my turn to feel bad for him. Of course, I was angry at him for killing Chuck, but he was stung after all. It wasn't his fault and now he was blaming himself for everything.

"You were stung, Gally. It's not your fault. And I'm alive now, so there's nothin' to worry about." I tried to calm him and myself down.

Gally seemed taken back. He got up and walked over to the door. "Teresa will be here tonight," he said before walking away.

~

For the first time that day, I got out of my room. Frypan gave me a small nod and motioned for me to sit down. I smiled lightly and appreciated the others for not asking lots of questions.

A few minutes after I sat down, Gally pushed Teresa, who had a bag over her head, down on a chair. Then he pulled the bag off her. Immediately it bothered me to even see her face.

"Gally?" Teresa stammered once she saw the boy, probably wondering how it was possible he was alive.

"Here's how this is gonna go," Gally said, ignoring her question. "We're gonna ask you some questions, and you're gonna tell us exactly what we need to know." He sat down on a table. "We'll start off simple. Where's Minho?"

Stunned Teresa looked at Thomas, whose face expression was blank. "You guys don't seriously think..."

"Don't look at him." Gally interrupted Teresa by slamming a chair down in front of her and sitting down on it. "Why are you looking at him? Look at me. He's not gonna help you."

I already started to feel angry at Teresa. I didn't understand if it was the Crank in me or just myself. Maybe both.

"Now, we know you have Minho in the building. Where?" Gally sternly asked.

For some reason, Teresa obeyed without arguing. "He's with the others in holding. Sublevel three."

"How many others?" Gally still looked at Teresa.

"Twenty-eight."

"I can make that work," Brenda replied. The plan was that Brenda would get them out with a bus.

"No." Teresa shook her head. "No, you guys don't understand. The whole level's restricted. You can't get in without a thumbprint ID."

"That's why you're gonna come with us." Thomas decided.

"Well, I don't know." Gally shrugged. "We don't necessarily need her. Right? Not all of her."

I almost chuckled, but didn't since Thomas would probably not like me doing that.

"We just need her finger." Gally grabbed a knife off the table.

"Gally, back off," Thomas ordered.

"What, are you squeamish?" Gally raised his eyebrows. "I guarantee you she's done a lot worse to Minho."

"That's not the plan." Thomas grabbed the knife out of Gally's hand. "Back off."

"It won't make a difference," Teresa spoke. "Do whatever you want to me. You still won't get through the front door. The sensors will pick you up the..."

"We know." Thomas interrupted. "We're tagged." He meant the things in our necks. "Property of WICKED. You're gonna help us with that, too."