Chapter 11 - Changing

"Nora, I need you to give me everything you got." Newt ordered, trying to lift me up. The problem was, my whole body was numb so I couldn't help moving forward.

Then I remembered something that happened in the Glade. "Newt-." I stammered, trying to speak normally without vomiting. "Lift me over your shoulder."

"I can't, Nora. You need to help with walking. We need to avoid getting shot." Newt ordered. He wrapped and arm under my shoulders and started walking. I couldn't walk properly, but I tried. I started to feel worse every minute, though. My head still hurt, I felt like I could throw up any minute, my legs didn't move, and something started to form in my body. Something I couldn't control.

Newt walked through a door and we ended up in something that looked like a bus stop. Though my vision was blurred, I saw that no one else was there. No explosions or shots went of. It was just me and Newt.

"We're almost there, Nora." Newt kept dragging me, but at some point he got tired and fell onto the ground.

"Thomas?" Suddenly echoed through the city. "Can you hear me?"

Newt got off the floor and listened to the person talking. I balled my fists at the pain I felt and some groans escaped my mouth. I felt awful. The burning feeling in my head got so bad, but then it got took over with something I could not control.

~

Newt's POV

Nora looked anything but fine. Her normally dark blonde, wavy hair was wet, almost greasy. It sticked onto her head. Her green eyes were black. And her veins... her veins were black too. She looked horrible.

"We're almost there, Nora." I tried to drag her, but at some point my legs got tired and I had to take a break. I would save Nora. I had to. I wondered if I could even live without her.

"Thomas?" Suddenly echoed through the city. It was Teresa. Only hearing her voice made me want to scream. "Can you hear me?"

For a second I was taken back from the sudden voice, but then I realized what I was doing. I needed to help Nora and not listen to that traitor. When I turned around, Nora slowly got up from the ground. She looked at me with her now completely black eyes.

"Nora?"

~

A/N: This is short but as you might've noticed, I like cliffhangers :)