Chapter 13 - Alive Or Not?

We managed to get to the Berg with an almost lifeless Nora in our hands. Jorge straightened his back and rushed over to us.

"Shit," Jorge muttered. "All right. Lie her down." He ordered. We got into the Berg and lay Nora down. I noticed Thomas wasn't there, but only cared about Nora at that point.

Logan stared at Nora with wide eyes, which were starting to get watery. "Is she alive?" He cried.

"She has to be." I gave Vince a helpless look, who also appeared to be in the Berg. "What do we do?"

Vince hesitated. "Frypan, grab a big cloth. They're under the seats. Brenda tap some water." He ordered. "I'm not sure."

"Do we pull the knife out?"

"I don't know!" Vince frustratedly said. "I guess."

"Alright, this is gonna be awful." Minho sighed, grabbing the knife with both of his hands. "One... two... three.." On three he pulled the knife out of Nora's chest. A heartbreaking scream of hers pierced my ear, but it made me realize she was alive.

"Well, at least she's alive," Minho said. I let out a relieved breath.

"Guys, where is Thomas?" Frypan asked.

I didn't reply.

"We have to start the Berg and look for him." Jorge decided.

"What about Nora?" I panicked.

"Move her to the back of the Berg and treat her there with Vince and Minho their help."

"Can I please come?" Logan looked at me with tears in his eyes.

Something inside me made me realize how important Logan was to Nora. I have to admit I was jealous sometimes, but Logan cared just as much about Nora as I did. He deserved to help. "Okay." I nodded.

We lay Nora down further into the Berg. Vince handed me some scissors. "Cut her shirt."

"What?" Logan stammered.

"I trust you guys, alright? So don't do anything weird or stare." I said. The boys nodded and in a rush, though I tried to be careful, I cut Nora's shirt. Blood still flowed out of the wound the knife had made. Some blood had already dried, though. It looked horrible and the stab was very deep since the knife completely got in. I almost gasped, but then realized we were supposed to save Nora.

Brenda quickly handed us the bucket filled with water before rushing over to Jorge and Frypan again, who were looking for Thomas.

"We have to put the water on a cloth and clean the blood." Logan decided. I raised my eyebrows at him.
"What? Do you know how many times I had to come into the Med-hut to get my splinters and cuts treated by Nora?" He snapped.

"Splinters are somethin' else than this," I argued but then agreed to Logan's plan. Slowly we all grabbed a piece of cloth and started cleaning up all the blood. When I arrived at the wound and touched the outside of it lightly, Nora winced.

"Alright, that's enough." Vince decided. "Hand me another big cloth." I did as I was told and Vince started wrapping the cloth around Nora's chest to stop the awful bleeding. I rubbed my chin and frowned.

"She'll make it, right?" I asked.

"We will see."

~

A/N: No because why the shuck did Thomas not just do this to Newt in the movies?! I mean, Newt did die but still, he could've tried :)