Betony

I am standing still realising i'm just staring at this girl and not answering her question til she repeated the question again. "Hello?.. are you eating up here?" I quickly responded after she repeated her question.

"Uh Yes I am!" Shit i didn't mean to shout it out loud, she probably thinks i'm flipping weirdo now. The black hair girl stared at me and then stared down at her hand that seemed to be holding something. 

I carefully watched her slide it into her coat pocket as she slowly looked up at me again. "Are you going to eat up here or keep staring at me through the whole lunch period?..." I quickly put my head down and walked closer to her than sat near the fence she was sitting at and took out my lunch bag. 

it was 4 minutes of silence of me eating and her looking up at the sky. This girl is very quiet and doesn't seem to have any emotion to me, she just seems lifeless. I quickly turn my head in a different direction as I notice she turns her head to look at me. 

She probably noticed I was staring at her, I'm just going to mind my own business. As I continued finishing my sandwich I heard her speak again. 

"Are you eating up here cause you couldn't deal with people?.." Her question seems so relatable to me that it took me a moment to process what she just said. "yes... I'm up here cause of some rude girls that were in my class and the hallways were so full and packed i didn't wanna sit anywhere near them... even the girls'bathrooms are jammed packed."

"I see.. so that's why you're eating up here." She leans her head back on the fence and looks back up at the sky again. It makes me sort of curious as to why she is up here too? is she eating up here for the same reason as me?? No wait that can't be it she doesn't even have a lunch bag or any food near her.

"um... sorry for the question but.. why are you up here? I noticed you weren't eating or even having lunch with you so.. i was just curious.."

It took her a moment for her to finally answer my question. Her expression looked out of daze when she finally answered me. "Same as you I guess. We both wanted peace and quiet from noisy people so we decided to go to a place that barely has anyone here. Does it even matter if i'm eating or not."

"Oh... I see, sorry for asking.." I put my head down and thought to myself it shouldn't really be busy anyway so why did I even ask her that. As I was about to take a sip of my water she surprised me with another question. 

"Hey you what's your name?"

"My- my name? oh uhhh it's Hope."

"Wow really.. That's such a basic name..." 

Ugh.. the nerve of this girl.. "Oh yeah what's your name then since you consider my name so basic huh?!"

"Tristine."

"Tristine huh? That is a very unusual name I have never heard it before.. Ok, you win... mine is basic.."

"hehe, you know you're kinda funny Hope."

I Stared at her and laughed as well, we both were giggling and then we both heard the bell ring. I guess it's time to go in I got up and slowly wave goodbye at this girl.

I stopped before I entered the door that leads downstairs and then i see that she was still sitting in the same spot still. 

"Are you coming to class?"

Tristine looked up at me and smiled and said "Yeah i'm going to be a little late for my class."

"Will I see you tomorrow up here?"

"Maybe." That one little word wasn't a yes or a no it was chance. I smiled and waved goodbye at her again as I headed off to class. So this is what it's like to have a little company? It feels kind of strange. 

To Be Continued...