Columbine

A few days later I have been eating my lunch on the roof and Tristine has been in her same spot as usual. We talked about certain things like school work to our favourite interests and it was actually pretty fun, but even though we talked it still feels like a huge wall between us.

Thursday 12:30 Am

As I started headed downstairs from the roof I noticed the time on the clock. "Oh crap i'm late!" I started bolting to my locker to get my things and head out to my class, how can I be late? Did I get caught up with chatting with Tristine?

These thoughts crossed my mind as I opened my classroom door, inside the room was a bunch of students sitting at their desk and my teacher in front of the classroom. They all gazed at me when I was standing in the middle of the doorway.

How embarrassing I thought then Mrs. Sugarwood spoke. "Hope you're late do you know what time it is?" I walked towards my desk and put my things down. "I'm sorry, for being late." Mrs. Sugarwood stared at me then sighed "Well You need to go to the office to get a late slip can you do that for me." I nodded at her request and walked out of the classroom and headed to the office. 

As I was making my way to the office I noticed I passed by Tristine, she slowly walked past me looking at a late slip in her hand. Those icy eyes still get my attention every time I look at her. I let her walk away without saying anything I didn't know if it was right of me to talk to her or not since we only talked at lunch, can I really call her friend because of that we are just both girls who hate loud groups. 

I noticed the line up from the office. I guess these students are also late as well, I stand in line and wait for it to be my time to talk to the secretary. I waited for 4 minutes till I was called up, the secretary looked displeased doing this i'm not going to lie. 

"Hope what was your reason for being late?"

"I lost track of time talking to someone."

"I see so.. chatting with your friends."

I hesitated answering her on that but nodded my head anyways. after she typed in the info and gave me the slip she said. "Remember you get 4 slips it means detention you get more slips after that its suspension." I nodded to her and started heading my way to class, I crumbled the note and put it in my pocket. I must not show this slip or mention being late to my parents they just be mad at me.

2 Hours later..

School just ended as I was packing my bag to head out and start walking home. Maybe I should head to the library and get some books for my science class, A huge project is coming up soon so I need ideas. 

I made my way to the local library in my area. It was quiet like it should a few people are here either reading or checking out books to read. I made my way to the science books and started looking.

As I was snooping for books a girl bumped into me from behind.  "What the-" As I turned around I noticed she was carrying a stack of books that are basically covering her face. It was hard to tell what she was saying. "so- sorry." She said as she tried to run off without dropping the books as she did that I noticed she dropped one. 

"Hey! Wait you dropped one!" I said as I grabbed the book then got shushed by one of the people working here. I stared at the book its cover has a nice rose on it but I was shocked at the title. "Wait this isn't a book it's a diary." 

As I looked back up again I noticed a girl slowly walked up to me she had short blonde hair and very rare coloured eyes I rarely see. I ended up blurting out something I should as she made her way in front of me. 

"Wow pretty..." I covered my mouth after realising what I just said did I really just say that out loud to her? Oh well couldn't be helped but then I noticed the girl was looking down and started to speak but it was really hard trying to hear her. 

"um- th- that book.. it is.. mine.." She said as she pointed at the book that was in my hand. "Oh this is yours?" She quickly nodded and her eyes were staring at the bookshelf as she said yes. 

I gave her the book and asked. "What were you doing with all those books earlier?" It took a while to respond I asked her a simple question. She finally responded as quietly as possible by saying. "i- i- i'm working here." 

"Ah I see well in any case I'm going to go back to looking for books well goodbye Ava."

The blonde hair girl was shocked and kind of freaked out when I called her name and started saying. "how- how do you know- m- my name?!"

I simply pointed at the book she was holding and said. "Because your diary the front cover says Ava's diary so I figured that was your name?"

Ava's face turned red and she started covering her face with the book I give her minutes ago. "o- oh I see- I'm i'm going to go now goodbye!" She ran away from me again but this time I didn't call out her name and started looking for books.

"What a weird girl.."

To Be Continued...