Forget-Me-Not

Near the end of school I made my way towards the entrance of the school as I see Almana sitting on the bench right outside of the school through the window. I opened the door and head towards her as I was standing there next to her. (Man this is awkward what do I even say?..) Almana looked up towards me and then asked me "What do you want?" in a tone that looked annoyed, It was clear as day she wanted me to leave her alone. 

"I'm sorry I'm not trying to bug you I just wanted to know what happen back there.. You don't have to answer me if you don't want to." Almana just sat there quietly for a few minutes until she got up from the bench while grabbing her bag and started walking to opposite direction where I was going to head to. (I figure it wouldn't be that simple.) I started walking my way back home, maybe ill try talking to her at work.

I made my way home to the same old house, I put my stuff away as I was calling out for my mom but this time it wasn't mom who was welcoming me home.  "Welcome home Hope, your mother went out on an errand." It was my father I guess he didn't work today or got off early, I didn't want to ask or he'll will go on and on about things that he will say ill be doing in the next 20 years. 

My life is already planned out by his words. "Are you helping with supper father?" My father looked up at me and reply with a yes. "Why?" I looked down as I was holding my phone looking at the contact list. "I was wondering if It would be ok for me to study at the library for bit but if you and mom need an extra hand in the kitchen then that's-" I got cut off by my father saying yes and go right on a head I never seen him so happy before maybe because it looked like I wanted to actually study. 

But in reality I just wanted to sneak off and go to Ava's place to hang out. "Ok! I'll be back around supper time." I put on my shoes and went back out the door while I wave my father goodbye. On my way to Ava's I notice 3 children running around the local park near my place but what shocked me more is that Almana is sitting on one of the swing sets. 

I walked over to the park the crunching of the sand is what Almana heard as she proceeds to look at the direction it was coming from. One quick glance at me she turn her head back at the ground. "Um is the other swing taken?" I ended up getting no response from her and proceeded to sit down on the swing next to her. 

It was a very awkward moment for both of us I think. All i can hear was the sound of the wind blowing in my hair and clicking of the chains to the swing. "What do you want?.. To make fun of me to." 

"Oh! no that's not it I just though-"

"What since she alone this is my chance to say what i really want to say instead of getting caught!"

"No.. that's not it. I never wanted to say mean things to you I just thought you wanted company." 

It started going silent again, none of us said a word after that. I really wanted to know what was bothering her but I don't want to ask about her personal reasons only for her to lash out at me. I guess she generally wants to be left alone and this is her sign to tell me to go away. I got off the swing and grabbed my bag that was leaning on the side of the swing pole and proceed to slowly walk away. 

"I'm sorry."

I turn my head back towards Almana, it was a quiet voice but it seem like only thing I can hear at this point. "I'm sorry can you repeat what you just said?" Despite I heard what she said I just wanted to make sure I wasn't losing it. "I said I'm sorry for yelling at you now if you're leaving I suggest you go." Almana got up from the swing and grabbed her bag as she made her way pass me. 

I quickly turn around and said "I'll see you at work!" I ended up not getting a response back but i'm not surprise at it really. (Maybe she just not good with people or her emotions?) I proceed to walk to Ava's place. 

To be continued.