Chapter 13: The Stalker

TGIF!

(EXTENDED AUTHOR'S NOTE AT END)

"Oh my goodness. I can't believe you are actually doing this," Jordan's voice floats through the ear piece.

"Well you better believe it."

I was stalking Ginny or I as I preferred to say "observing from a distance".

Not so much distance though.

"Oh my goodness look at that girl in the hideous pink shirt!" Ginny exclaimed, two of her friends laughing along with her, " I feel sorry of the poor child and the mother who has too walk around with her!"

They cracked up even more.

I really didn't get it though. How could they find amusement at another's sadness?

I shook my head and pulled off my shades. Time to slip out the shadows.

"Hey, Ginny!" I greeted her, casually walking up to her and her friends.

"Hey!" She looked up from the table she was sitting at.

"Oh. It's you. Hey." the animation drained out of her face,"What's up sunshine?"

"Nothing much, storm cloud."

She snorted,"Nice one."

And feeling accepted I sat down.

"Oh my gosh, the weirdest thing happened to me yesterday Kayla," She said to the petite blonde next to her.

"What?" We all ask, leaning into hear her answer.

"My mom said I had to walk home with this girl right?"

"Yeah," We prompted.

"And all of a sudden in the middle of leaving school she straight up ditches me. telling me to wait right there. Like who does that?"

"Yeah!" Kayla and the other girl exclaim.

I lower my head blushing furiously.

"And then get this...she never shows up.''

" That is so bold, Ginny." Kayla and her other say.

"Okay, okay, I probably shouldn't have done that. I just thought that I saw someone I knew. " I stretch the truth to the point of snapping.

"Yeah, what ever. It's cool though. I got my revenge."

"Wait, what?"

"Today your gonna break out your little shell." She says, flipping her hair, "and it won't be your call either."

She tosses a envelope across the table at me.

I open it, and take a peek and blanch.

"Yup, sunshine. Right there are too fake IDs." She crosses her arms and lifts her chin.

"What for?" I toss it right back at her.

"You'll need to be at least 18 to get in and 21 to drink. Party at Chase's beach house today and you and your little buddy are going whether you like or not."

"Really, or what?" I cock an eyebrow using one of Jordan's signature moves.

"Tris still hasn't made true on her threat to Jordan has she?" She says casually taking a sip out of her coke.