Chapter 31: The Suspicion

How was your Thanksgiving? I spent it with my obnoxiously loud brothers. I have an announcement to make! 

 I have an announcement to make! 

Inbox me your submissions or post them on the official spy girl page: 

https://twitter.com/SpyGirlbySab

Now with out further ado, the update.

Chapter 31: The Suspicion

"We need to hurry, the dance is only three days away!" Katy said, shoving a box of balloons in my arms.

"Hurry, hurry, go go go," She snapped her fingers me 

I frowned and blew up a balloon.  A girl next to me who I recognized as Adrienne whispered, "She's only this worked up cause she knows this is a rare opportunity." 

"How so?"

"Well, since the former director, Tris, pulled out yesterday, the runner up, Katy, got to take the position."

Hmm.

I walked over to the blue prints for the dance. According to the paper the dance was Marvel Versus DC Comics themed. Students could come dressed in their favorite character from either of the brands.

"Hey," I asked the guy in charge of the seating, "Hows the planning going?"

"Well, pretty good. I mean we got the guest pass permit cleared and the English board want to provide the vintage tables so--"

"Wait, did you say guest passes?"

"Yeah, so like if anybody wants to bring somebody not from this school , they pay an extra fee."

"So, do they have like wear anything in particular? Like a name tag, or a special color or such?"

"No, uh that was how it was before "Sargent" Katy came on to the crew,  but she got rid of all the regulations," He rolled his eyes  at the thought, "But aren't you like, going out with Chase?"

"What? Where did you hear that?"

"Um, no where," He hastily walked to the backroom.

I glanced down at my watch.  I still needed to do the switch off. 

I walked out of the building and straight to the edge of the street. I picked up my phone and pretended to call some one, dropping the bag with the letters on the ground. I pretended to tie my shoe and slipped a tracking chip into the duffel.  Putting my phone in my back pocket I walked toward the field where the boys where practicing foot ball. When I looked out the corner of my eye bag was gone. 

My phone buzzed with a new text. 

Pick up in five. 

Oh snap. I typed back. 

Make that one, the unsub picked up the  evidence already. 

I pulled open the tracking  app on my phone and sent the particulars for it to the base. 

We sending the only agent willing to undertake a mission in such a short time. Agent Clary.

Clarissa?

Don't worry Micky, I got your six.

I turned in amazement as Clarissa sped past on her motorcycle, muffler off, as usual.

Geez, subtlety was not that girls strong suit. 

Tris's name whispered through my head.  I needed to get something for her. But this was a small town and getting any type of feminine products would have heads turning  and people whispering. 

I looked into my camera's screen. I combed my hair forward until a chunk of it hung over my eyes. Next I zipped up my back jacket and pulled up the hood. I went to the locker room and switched out my heels for my stinky, never used in public, converse. Ew.

I hunched my shoulders and walked to the nearest drug store, which happened to be CVS pharmacy. I wandered the feminine care aisle until I found the pregnancy tester. 29.99  screamed out at me from the tag. This certainty will put a dent in my pocket money.  I started to walk away, then back pedaled and got the condoms. I mean it couldn't hurt to be prepared, could it?

I trudged up to the counter and placed the items on the conveyor belt. The woman at the counter stared at me condescendingly. "Damn girls can't keep their legs closed these days." She muttered under her breathe as she rung up the items. I bit my lip to keep from responding. Geez. 

"Sixty dollars and forty-three cents," She said unforgivingly. 

I reluctantly handed her a hundred, cringing as she shoved two twenties in my hand, no change. 

I trudged home in silence and climbed in through my back window. Last thing I needed where my parents asking questions. 

I landed in my room  in a crouch and starred at Jordan's prostrate form on my bed. He lifted his head as he heard me enter. 

"And so she returns, " He said cryptically. 

"What does that mean?"

"What's in those bags?"He countered.

"Nothing," I turned pink.

"Then nothing," He replied.

I sighed and leaned on the bed next to him. 

"So I'm unassuming you've heard of Chase's untoward demands?"

"Untoward demands?" He sputtered, " Michelle, this is the twentieth century!"

"I can assure you, that I was most unpleased with Mr. Hemsworth pressing his suit."

"Pressing his..." Jordan's face turned red as he tried to suppress laughter, "I'm trying to be angry here Michelle. " 

"Oh my gosh did you see  Clarissa on her motorcycle chasing that unsub?"

"Oh yeah, then the police started chasing them," He laughed. 

"Melvin was so mad," I giggled.

"You are not helping." He clutched his stomach.

I kissed the tip of his nose, " I know."

"So then it's not true?"

"What's not true?" I frowned.

"Nothing," He smiled, "It doesn't matter."

He jumped over the bed and made his way to the dresser.

"Jordan don't--"

I cringed as the contents fell out  of the bag.  The pregnancy tester slipped behind the dresser, thankfully. 

He picked up the condoms. "What is this?"

"Oh my goodness Jordan put those down." Mortified I buried my face in my hands.

"What's in the bag, Michelle? Nothing, Jordan." He mocked.

"This 'Extra large Magnum' is nothing?"

 I grabbed it from him and chucked it out the window. It landed in the oak tree next to Jordan's house.

"Look, can we just forget that ever existed?" I spoke to my feet.

"Tell that to little Joey down there," He glanced down towards his torso.

Oh god, please  help me.