one

Babies couldn't be put in cryo

That meant the two babies born on Pandora couldn't be sent back to the dying mother Earth with the rest of their species.

That was where Spider and Raven met.

Raven was born on Pandora in 2154, in the Resources Development Administration's colony base, Hell's Gate, to Trudy Chacón and unknown father. Her mother was later killed during the assault on the Tree of Souls, while there were no records of her father anywhere.

Raven had tan skin and a head of dark brown hair. She was tall, had a thin face and small plumped lips with brown eyes.

Miles 'Spider' Socorro was born on the same year, to Paz Socorro and Miles Quaritch. His mother was killed during the assault on The Tree of Souls, just as his father was killed at the hands on Neytiri.

He had received the nickname 'Spider' due to his natural climbing ability even as a young child.

After the Na'vi's victory over the RDA, Spider and Raven were too small to be sent to Earth with the rest of the humans. They grew up side-by-side. Even on the same tree, their heights were measured and compared. The two spent all their life around each other.

To feel more adapted to the Na'vi, they both grown their hair in Na'vi style braids and painted their body with spartan fruit dye to mimic the Na'vis body stripes.

The two were inseparable, conjoined by the hip; metaphorically.

She would play with his hair to help him fall asleep and he would carry her on his back when she would get tired on their daily walks throughout the forest.

Raven and Spider kept pictures of their mothers, sticking them above their beds and making up stories at night at what they'd think they be like.

They were like two peas in a pod.

The two were enarmoed by Jake Sully's family and spent a considerable amount of their time with them.

Jake was very accepting and welcoming towards Spider and Raven, as he knows what it is like to be human and how difficult it is to keep up with the Na'vi physically and culturally.

He has always tried to make them feel welcome around his family.

Neytiri despised Spider. She objects his presence with her family and says that as a human, he 'belongs with his own kind'. On the other hand, she loved Raven, like her own. Since Trudy was loyal and helped the Na'vi win the war against Quaritch.

It was hard not to love Raven. She puts everyone before her own needs, made sure everyone had a good day before she even got a chance to yawn.

But during their years growing up together, there was one enemy Raven and Spider faced together:

Teenage hormones.

Around the age of thirteen Spider started to develop a nervous feeling around Raven. He always thought she was beautiful, but one day she looked prettier, if that was possible.