Chapter 2-Separated

Evelyn's pov:

As we step foot into the the school, it looked nice, white and modern. There were white sofas with tv's connected on the walls. High ceilings and bright fancy lights illuminate the room making it look bigger and expensive. I see the reception desk, which I assume is where I can get my timetable and locker key from.

Forcing my feet to move I take a deep breath to try and calm my nerves I slowly make my way to the elderly women who is sat there at the desk. "H-Hello miss, I'm new here, can I have my t-timetable and locker key p-please". I stutter as my nerves overcome me so I begin picking at my fingers almost making them bleed. I see Summer come over to me from the corner of my eye and take ahold of my hand prying my fingers apart so I can't do any more damage. She puts my hand in her warm ones which makes me feel better knowing I have someone with me.

"Of course sweetheart no need to be so shy, what's your name?" The women said slowly as she smiled at me.

"Erm, Evelyn North is my name miss". I said politely as I don't want to get on anyone's bad side already although I could never say something mean to someone.

"Ok Evelyn you locker number is 106," she said as she passed me the key, " And here's your timetable, I'm sure your friends can help you find your classes. Good look" she finishes.

"Thank you, have a good day" I said as I turn back to my friends who start to walk through the tall wooden doors. I speed walk to catch up to them as they enter the corridor which is crowded by people who are chatting to their friends.

As I get to Summer I twiddle with the end of my hoodie sleeve as people stare our way which makes me uncomfortable because I don't want to be the centre of attention as I believe they are thinking bad things about me such as how I look as I'm sure I'm not the prettiest person to look at. My wavy hair which takes ages to put up, my skinny thighs which make me insecure, how my face is textured.

"Pass me your timetable Ev and we will go to your first class," Elijah said whilst he makes sure to look at me to see if I'm listening. I hand over my timetable and out my locker key in bag so I don't lose it. "Looks like you have biology first when me and Summer have chemistry".

Summer then begins to talk as I looked at her with sad eyes because I won't be with them "Don't be sad, I'll tell you what when your class has finished me and Elijah will wait for you outside your class so we can take you to you next lesson. Does that sound like a plan Evelyn?". She looks at me in the eyes while I look at her shoulder because I dislike eyes contact.

"Sounds good Summer, I'll meet you outside my class once the lesson has ended". I repeat to myself to make sure I remember. A loud ring suddenly is heard in the hallway which must mean it's time to get to lesson as people walk quickly by us which makes it harder to walk. We come to a stop as I look to my left and see we have come to a classroom that says biology on it. I see people who are already inside looking dull. Maybe they don't like school that much.

"Bye guys enjoy chemistry, do you guys have everything because I don't want you to get told of for not having your equipment". I state softly as I look down at the floor.

"Yes we have everything we need don't forget to wait for us here, ok? And I'm sure we'll enjoy chemistry so much". Elijah says smiling down at me but it looks forced as his eyebrows furrow. Maybe he's constipated.

As I wave to them as I enter the classroom, people stare at me with wide eyes as if realising I am new. I look down at the floor to avoid there gaze as it makes me anxious. The teacher, a man with a white button up shirt and tie with sparkly black up shoes aswell as a grey beard and shiny bold head, turns his chair towards me and as I explain I'm new he puts me on a table with a girl who I will now be partners with. She looks pretty. She has circular glasses with her curly dark hair in a bun as some pieces frame her face. I hope she will be friends with me.

I go to sit next to her as I put my bag down and get my pencil case out

I go to sit next to her as I put my bag down and get my pencil case out. "I'm Evelyn or you can call me Ev mainly my parents call me Evelyn and my friends call me Ev but you can call me that if you want to. But you don't have to call me that you can call me anything you like,". I said quickly and as I try to get my breath back "Sorry for rambling, what's your name if you don't mind me asking?".

"It's ok don't worry, my names Olivia" she said but as she was going to continue our teacher began to speak, I think class is starting.

After class:

The bell rings telling me it's the end of class and it's time to meet up with my friends to go to my second lesson of the day. I waved bye to Olivia and told her to have a good rest of the day as I have no other lessons with her for today. As I exit the class I see Elijah waving at me enthusiastically and Summer learning against a locker with her arms crossed smiling at me. "Hey guys how was your lesson?" I asked whilst skipping over to them.

"Boring," Elijah replied but was met with a smack on the back of the head by my other best friend. "Ow, what was that for, rub it better for me Ev use your magic touch to heal me". I look at Elijah worriedly whilst rubbing his head through his curls to help make him better because I don't like when he's in pain.

"He's only messing Evelyn, don't listen to him, class was fun not boring, right Elijah?". She states as she glares at him.

"Right, how was your first lesson Ev?". He asks me.

"It was good! I even made a new friend her names Olive and I love her hair and glass there so beautiful" I exclaim loudly causing my friends to shush me gently.

As I look around at my surroundings finally remembering I have to go to class. "Where's my next lesson I don't want to be late".

"Come on follow me" Summer said whilst walking ahead of me. I realised it was getting more crowded as we walked down the long hallway where many people we gathered trying to get through to go to their classes. The amount of people makes me feel anxious as some are pushing their way to get to the other side. I began to get overwhelmed at how crowded it was causing my heart rate to speed up and my hands begin to tremble. I ask permission to hold Summers hand as I don't want to get lost and she lets me. It's never ending. People on both sides of me with Elijah next to Summer trying to make a path for us to get through.

I felt like we hadn't moved in ages and as more people tried to get through we were trapped in the middle. It only seemed to be more aggressive and I panicked even more as my grip on Summers hand was lost because someone had decided to push through our arms leading to them being pushed forwards as I stay still trying to process what just happened.

As I tried to keep going with my anxiety not getting any better as I thought my head was going to explode but what I didn't notice in my moments of panic was someone's foot sticking out of the crowd. It happened so quickly one minute I was upright and the next I was stumbling... right into someone's arms.

Authors note:
Do you like it so far?
Who do you think she stumbled in to?
What other scenarios should I add?
Sorry the chapters are short they will get longer as the story goes on.