【Five】

Kiyo's POV

I drag my feet on the ground as I walk, sighing.

How could I drop my mochi?

"Those stupid uppermoons made me lose my mochi!" I stomp, wailing.

Stupid.

Oh, well. I guess there's nothing I can do about it now.

To get the stress of me losing my mochi out of my head, I need to slay some demons.

They shall be the sacrifice for the loss of my precious mochi.

-

I arrive near the palace.

The literal palace.

Where the king is.

Why?

There are many people. Many people means more demons.

Maybe even powerful ones.

Gramps told me when he was younger, the king was killed mysteriously. The people of the palace assumed it was some kind of wild animal that did it. We, of course, know that it was not some wild animal that broke in. If so, the guards would have noticed.

But seriously, wow.

Everything is so ginormous here.

I'm dizzy just by looking at the "normal" homes near the palace. 

The bad thing is, everything is 4x the price at normal towns I go to. Quite literally. 

I ended up not buying an onigiri because it was too expensive. Not going to lie, the onigiris at smaller towns looked better in taste. 

Everyone is wearing such fancy clothes. Such expensive kimonos. Such expensive accessories. Everywhere I look is gold, gold, and some more gold.

I wonder around, but something hits me. 

Shoot, where am I going to sleep? The hotels here must be pretty expensive too..

..

I guess I'm sleeping on the streets!

Now, that's settled.. time to go find some demons-

when the sun sets, of course.

-

The shops began to light up their lanterns one by one, filling the streets with light. 

With this much crowd, the people won't notice if one demon was lurking around with them.

I look around the dark alleyways as well as checking the busy streets in front of my eyes. You can call this my professional patrolling. 

"Umai!" I flinch at the loud shout among the crowd, clearly sticking out.

"Ehh? Rengoku-san, you ate my sakura mochi!" Another whine follows. 

Poor girl, I think, she's basically just like me. The loss of my mochi is coming back to me.

I try and see who those people were, jumping up and down.

I finally catch a glimpse of where the commotion of mochi was coming from.

All I saw was flame-like hair, and really cute hair just like the color of sakura mochi.

Interesting hair color of choice. 

I shake my head. Back to my very professional patrolling.

I'm running around when one certain alleyway catches my attention.