【Ten】

Kiyo's POV

I faintly hear the wind playing with the trees. I feel my brow furrow a little, and flutter open my eyes just a bit.

"Mm.." I groan, sighing.

"Kiyo?" A familiar voice speaks up, and I tilt my head to see who it is. My vision is blurry, but  I can make out Tanjiro's figure.

"Tanjiro? What are you doing here?" I ask weakly, trying to pull myself up.

"Whoa, whoa," He slightly pushes me back down. "Easy there. You're still recovering."

I don't even argue. My head plops down to whatever I was lying down on. 

"What happened?" I ask, trying to think back to the demon.

Tanjiro grabs a cloth, and wipes his katana clean. "Well, Oyataka-sama told Iguro-san and I to follow you just in case. We did, and we found you basically half-dead. Don't worry, Iguro-san took care of the demon."

I sigh in relief. "At least the demon is killed off."

"Yeah. Iguro-san went down to the village to assure that it is now safe. He told me he was going to come back with food, so hopefully we get something to eat." Tanjiro gently puts his katana on the floor. 

I tilt my head to get a better look at my surroundings. "By the way... where are we?"

"Just some abandoned house we found in the mountain. It was pretty well standing, so we decided to take you here to rest."

"This is a nice house." I mumble. "Wonder why they abandoned it. It's so well-built."

"I know." Tanjiro agrees. "It's very steady."

I hear someone approaching the house. It's probably Iguro-san.

Just as I suspected, Iguro-san comes in with a small lunch kit in hand. The smell of onigiri and mochi hits my nose, and I immediately begin to drool.

"I got some food from the town." The hashira says, taking a seat next to Tanjiro. "Eat up."

Tanjiro helps me sit up, then opens the basket to reveal the delicious food.

I grab an onigiri and bits down on it, letting the flavors dance on my tongue.

"Ohmigod, it's so good!!" I exclaim, taking another gigantic bite.

Tanjiro munches on his onigiri too, then grabs another one and hands it to Iguro-san. "Are you not going to have any?"

I stare at the pillar as he refuses to eat this good food.

"I know you're hungry," I take another bite, finishing my onigiri. "Just take it!"

He refuses again. "I will eat later."

"If you say so," I say, a bit unsure still.

Tanjiro and I both finish our portion of onigiri and mochi, leaving us full and satisfied.

"Can I get up now?" I ask, rubbing my now-full stomach.

"Well, I guess you did get some of your energy back." He stands up, lending me a hand.

I grab onto his hand and pull myself up, stretching. "Kyah! It feels amazing to stand again!!"

"It's only been a few hours-" Tanjiro mentions, but I cut him off.

"I WASTED A 'FEW HOURS'??!?!?!" I screech, making Iguro-san flinch a little.

"Calm down." Iguro-san says. "Sometimes you need the rest."

I take a step with my still kind-of weak legs. "I get rest when I sleep. Other times are just wastes."

Iguro-san sighs and shakes his head. Tanjiro suggests I go outside to get some fresh air with Iguro-san because I'm still not well and Tanjiro volunteered to clean up our food mess.