【Fifteen】

Kiyo's POV

"You."

---

I'm lying down, facing to my side. 

Well, I might have insomnia. I can't get sleep. Again.

I guess this is the problem with slaying demons and having a ghost friend.

"Ugh," I mumble, sitting upright. "I'm going to find something to do."

I grab my haori and my sword and head out of my room. Maybe I can hang out with the little Kamado squad. 

If I remember where their room is located, it should be the room down the hall to my left.

I tip-toe quietly down the hall, stopping in front of their room. It looks like it's dimly lit.

"Hello?" I whisper, putting my ear against the door.

"Hm?" I hear a voice from the inside. "Kiyo, is that you?"

Zenitsu.

"Yeah. Open up, Agatsuma." I demand, and a few shuffles later the door opens.

As soon as it is opened, I barge in. Why? Because I don't really want to ask for permission at this moment.

Zenitsu closes the door and follows me in. "Tanjiro and Inosuke had to go to a mission. Nezuko-chan is still here, though."

"Oh, alright." I say, plopping down.

"I'm surprised Tanjiro even trusted me with Nezuko-chan." 

"I'm surprised, too." I say, patting the box next to me. "It's okay, Nez. I'll protect you from this simp."

"Wow." Zenitsu's mouth hangs open. "I guess I am a simp, but I'm not that horrible anymore."

"Toughening up now, huh?" I smirk. "As if."

Zenitsu frowns. "Sassy."

A shuffle was heard from inside the box, and soon the box creaks open and tiny Nezuko crawls out looking sleepy.

She stretches, then looks up to see me. 

"Hey," I wave slightly. 

She gives me a closed-eye smile, then scans around the room to search for.. I think her brother. They're always together, so I don't see why she won't be looking for him.

"Nezuko-chan, Tanjiro is out on a mission. You'll be staying with me and Zenitsu for a day or two." I say to the girl desperately looking around trying to find her brother. 

"Mmm, mm!" She nods, then jumps into my arms. 

So cute!

"Nezuko-chan... you don't want to hug me?" Zenitsu pouts. 

He's still a simp, even if he wants to deny it.

I hang around with them for a while, until I hear a "psst".

I turn my head around to see Makomo there, beckoning me.

"Kiyo? Everything okay?" Zenitsu asks.

"Oh, yeah!" I quickly reply. "Look, I gotta get some sleep."

"Oh, okay." Zenitsu waves. "Good night."

-

"What now?" I sigh as I enter the safety of my room.

"I needed to deliver something to you from your brother." Makomo says, closing the door.

I turn to face her. "What is it?"

She holds out a fox mask, much like hers. "This is your brother's. He told me he wanted to give it to you."

I examine it. "It's pretty."

I grabbed the mask, making it appear to the human's eye. It has become solid.

"Cool!" I exclaim, catching a red rope that Makomo threw at me. I tie the mask around my head. "Does it look good?"

Makomo studies it, then makes some adjustments. "There."

"I'm going to show it to Tomioka-san!" I squeal, looking at myself in the mirror. I dash out into the hallway. I hope he's awake.

"Wait-!" I can hear Makomo yelling at me to stop, but I'm already down the hall.

Makomo's POV

"Wait-!" I shout, reaching for Kiyo's wrist. 

She outruns me.

Dang it, that thunder breather.

"She's going to end up giving him a heart attack." I groan. "I'll go check on them."

"You better." Sabito rolls his eyes.

Kiyo's POV

"Tomioka-sannnn!" I shout, knocking on his door fast. 

I hear a groan from inside the room. Soon the door opens and Tomioka-san comes out rubbing his tired eyes. "What is it.. Kiyo?"

"Spot anything different?" I grin. 

He opens his eyes tiredly and examines me.

His eyes widen. "Kiyo-"

"Cool mask, right?" I say proudly.

Tomioka-san just stands there like he's seen a ghost.

"What's wrong?" I ask, tilting my head.

"Where-" He points at the mask. "Impossible."

.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

Loading chapter sixteen...

Loading character assets...

Loading scenes...

Successful!

.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

Sorry for not updating, plus the short chapter!

I wrote my 1st science final today.

If you want to know what I got, I got a 70%. It could be better.

Sorry again! <3 Forgive me :')

.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.